• Help Support TNDeer:

1.5 hours

LA man

I fought a huge yellowfin tuna yesterday for 1.5 hours and it made a last ditch run and broke my 80 pound test braided line. . Man i was so close to getting a gaff in him.

Man that sucks... my worst loss was a 30+ pound mirror carp that I fought for an hour on 6 lb mono. Cant imagine losing a big tuna after 1.5 hours, but fighting a fish that long I would almost expect to lose it.

Dang man that's tough luck! Especially with the 80 pound braid. Sounds like my luck. It must have been a big one! Good luck on the next one. Bring it in for tndeer and eat well.

I lost a marlin on a charter trip on my honeymoon back in '04. I fought it for 2 hours solid while puking the whole time from some questionable breakfast food. I'm not sure who was more relieved for the fight to be over - me or the marlin.

I hate that loss for you - I've never caught a tuna, but given how great they taste I'm sure it was a hard loss :(

I'd love to be pointed in the direction of a reputable boat captain for a first-time trip with some friends in the next year or so. Thanks in advance if you have someone to refer!

We went out this year and hooked up with about a 12ft hammer head. It was crazy. Lost it right after an hour fight

Latest posts

Back