• Help Support TNDeer:

1000 acre lake questions!

Spurhunter

My son and I are going to give it a shot in the morning. What time can I get a lake permit with tomorrow being a holiday? I like to be putting in at first light. What coves or creeks typically have the best bass fishing? Any info is much appreciated! PM if you like. I did see chunkandwind's report last week and that has caused us to drive 2 hours in the morning! Thanks guys.

My dad and I will be there as well. It has an honor system for when they are closed. Go up to the headquarters and there is a box by the door. Put your name on the envelope and place money inside. We are suppose to meet there at 530. As far as fishing goes, you should not have trouble finding bass. I'm mostly a bank beater and catch a lot on points and back of coves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbhunter":2mkwamdy said:
My dad and I will be there as well. It has an honor system for when they are closed. Go up to the headquarters and there is a box by the door. Put your name on the envelope and place money inside. We are suppose to meet there at 530. As far as fishing goes, you should not have trouble finding bass. I'm mostly a bank beater and catch a lot on points and back of coves.

Thanks man! I'm a bank beater also. We'll be in a white Xpress. If you see us say hello. I plan to arrive at 5am but it could be closer to 530.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Spurhunter":2o7ve2rj said:
cbhunter":2o7ve2rj said:

Thanks man! I'm a bank beater also. We'll be in a white Xpress. If you see us say hello. I plan to arrive at 5am but it could be closer to 530.

See you there. We changed our time to 5 as well. We will be in an old beater, redneck duracraft with a homemade camo paint job lol

15 is 10 more than we caught on Old Hickory this morning.

I'm thinking of trying it one morning next week. Never been before, and it's a long drive for me... but my dad could meet me there and Ive been itching to fish somewhere new.

Hate I missed the party.
I decided to get up and help the wife clean the house and do some shopping.
Having friends over this afternoon.
Gonna have some boston butt and I got 3 racks of baby back ribs cooking now.

We didn't make our first casts until 545. Either we missed the top water bite or we were in the wrong area. We ended up catching ours on Texas rigged worms on points and drop offs. I really like the lake although we didn't kill them by any stretch.

Spurhunter":3oj40qfu said:
We didn't make our first casts until 545. Either we missed the top water bite or we were in the wrong area. We ended up catching ours on Texas rigged worms on points and drop offs. I really like the lake although we didn't kill them by any stretch.

Oh yea, I should have mentioned..... FLUKES! That's what I catch most of mine on. That and senkos. I did catch one on a wacky rig as well. Top water just wasn't cutting it this morning. Hate I missed ya man. I did see you headed towards the back of the lake this morning. I think you had just put in.

RUGER":1b2sscz8 said:
Hate I missed the party.
I decided to get up and help the wife clean the house and do some shopping.
Having friends over this afternoon.
Gonna have some boston butt and I got 3 racks of baby back ribs cooking now.
yea I gotta run to town and get grilling stuff as well.

cbhunter":bhc9p0bd said:
Oh yea, I should have mentioned..... FLUKES! That's what I catch most of mine on. That and senkos. I did catch one on a wacky rig as well. Top water just wasn't cutting it this morning. Hate I missed ya man. I did see you headed towards the back of the lake this morning. I think you had just put in.

My son threw a fluke a while and didn't connect but he did have a good fish roll on it and miss it at the boat. He said it was a big one. I caught one on a wacky rig as well. Forgot about that. I looked for you all morning but couldn't spot you. Are you fishing your flukes and senkos weightless?

Spurhunter":3q9go9gt said:
cbhunter":3q9go9gt said:

My son threw a fluke a while and didn't connect but he did have a good fish roll on it and miss it at the boat. He said it was a big one. I caught one on a wacky rig as well. Forgot about that. I looked for you all morning but couldn't spot you. Are you fishing your flukes and senkos weightless?

Weightless

Cb, that spillway is wild! No buoys or ropes or anything. It's not like you could just accidentally go over but I've never seen anything like that with no markings.

Latest posts

Back