• Help Support TNDeer:

WTB 12” culvert

Wanted to Buy

Gravey

I have a 12" galvanized pipe under my driveway but need to extend it about 3' on one side so I don't have to get in the yard when pulling in with a longer trailer. Found 2 places locally but you have to buy a 20' piece and I don't need it. Anybody have a scrap piece or know where one is? The closer to southern Rutherford county the better but I do travel the state some.

Did you try Lebanon Distributing? Don't know what length they sell but I always see them on their lot.
Thanks! I'll give them a call.
I don't have one. Hope that helps
You have no idea how much it did. I can sleep well tonight you big Jack 🫏!!! 😂
Call your local farmers coop. I get them quite a bit from mine.
I looked online and only saw plastic. Will call them.
Let me measure what I have at work on Tuesday if you haven't found what you need by that time
Thanks!

Will a double wall plastic not work, they're rated for highway use, as long as it's double wall. They won't attach to galvanized but as long as you insert them a couple feet in they'll serve the same. Just an opinion.

Will a double wall plastic not work, they're rated for highway use, as long as it's double wall. They won't attach to galvanized but as long as you insert them a couple feet in they'll serve the same. Just an opinion.
I don't think you'll ever get a hdpe pipe to slide in unless he went to a 15. Mortar it good and roll on. But if you don't seal it up you'll end up with a hole in your driveway eventually.

I don't think you'll ever get a hdpe pipe to slide in unless he went to a 15. Mortar it good and roll on. But if you don't seal it up you'll end up with a hole in your driveway eventually.
All I'm trying to do is extend the end of one side preferably 3'. What's under the driveway now is galvanized steel and the driveway is concrete. I've wondered if the plastic one would work. It will literally be driven over only by the trailer so I don't have to drive the left side of the truck into the front yard every time I come in.

All I'm trying to do is extend the end of one side preferably 3'. What's under the driveway now is galvanized steel and the driveway is concrete. I've wondered if the plastic one would work. It will literally be driven over only by the trailer so I don't have to drive the left side of the truck into the front yard every time I come in.
Hdpe is about all we install these days. But you'll need to cover it and if you have any gaps you'll lose whatever you cover it with. They do make a band that could help mate them. You could also use a piece of 15" and slide it over it, as long as it's on the downhill side, and fill the gap with mortar or expanding foam. As long as your pipe is double walled, and covered, it'll work fine for your application.

Hdpe is about all we install these days. But you'll need to cover it and if you have any gaps you'll lose whatever you cover it with. They do make a band that could help mate them. You could also use a piece of 15" and slide it over it, as long as it's on the downhill side, and fill the gap with mortar or expanding foam. As long as your pipe is double walled, and covered, it'll work fine for your application.
Unfortunately it's on the uphill side so whatever I use will have to go inside what's already there. Appreciate the info.

Unfortunately it's on the uphill side so whatever I use will have to go inside what's already there. Appreciate the info.
How much water actually comes down your ditch. The bell end of an hdpe 12" would fit over but it wouldn't have the best fit, and be backwards to what you'd want for normal water flow. But might possibly could be made to work.

Latest posts

Back