• Help Support TNDeer:

Wow, that is amazing.

I will admit, we got in a VERY bad situation on KY lake earlier this year.
Came out of the cove and we knew the wind was blowing but we had no clue how rough it really was.
Ended up fighting 4 1/2 to 5 feet swells.
Our main objective was holding on and keeping that boat above water.

After we made it back and got out and everything we were standing there talking and trying to dry out a little and my buddy looked at me and said, we are stupid.
I was like, what?
He held up a life jacket.
In our "concern" not one of us even thought about putting them on. :shock:
Stupid hurts for sure, but we were lucky.

I wonder how many of those 22 were alcohol related?

they said the spike this year was due to canoes, kayaks and paddle boards. since 2008 there has been 206 deaths and of those 170 were not wearing pfd's and drowning was the major cause of death. those are boating fatalaties only.

i am never without wearing a pfd. i have an inflatable on while fishing and a regular one on over that while driving around. two ways i do not want to die, drowning and burning to death.

Amen brothers! I wear mine especially when I'm by myself.

A funny/almost tragic story. My nephew was goofing off and fell in the water. Well he swims like a fish AND was wearing his life jacket. My brother panicked and jumped in to "save" him. In the process got so panicked that he got himself in serious trouble. Finally he calmed down and used the motor to climb in the boat. My nephew was fine, but it taught my brother to always wear his life jacket. This is especially true when you have children in the boat. Sometimes you will do something reactionary on the water without thinking. That is why you wear the vest.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back