• Help Support TNDeer:

#3 down in the fog!

Bagg-it Tag-it

This morning was an incredible hunt. I set up Pretty Boy and two hen decoys and took along a shaker gobble call which I usually don�t use. I was hunting the Cumberland River bottoms. It was extremely foggy early in the AM. I heard some gobbles at daylight from a direction I don�t usually hear them at and knew that there was no way they would see the decoys and would only come this direction by luck without persuasion. I started shaking my gobbler call at him and got him red-hot mad. The gobbles got closer and it was then that I noticed it was two gobblers ganging up on me. I opened my eyes as wide as I could and strained to peer through the mist. After a few minutes, I saw two dark shapes out at 75 yards or so at the edge of my vision. I gave them a soft cut on my mouthcall. They were soaked from the damp night and both shook off and water flew, then they marched up closer. When they got close enough to see the decoys, they hung back waiting to see what would happen. Then they started edging around me at the extreme range of what I could shoot. I put the fastfire on the bully boy and dropped him with a face of Magnum blend. He was my third of the year�but the most exciting of the last few years. 6:18 AM, 22lbs, 10.25�, 1 1/8� right spur, 1 1/16 on the left. Sweet day.
100_2609.jpg

100_2604.jpg

100_2605.jpg

100_2606.jpg

100_2607.jpg

100_2612.jpg

100_2613.jpg

I've killed more than some and not near as many as some--but am not a beginner really either. but that hunt will stay with me. it was magic.

Latest posts

Back