• Help Support TNDeer:

#3 takes a dirtnap compliments of Ole Mossy

Gravey

This has to be my quickest hunt ever. Got up at 4:45 and looked outside and didn't see rain. Checked the hour by hour weather on the blackberry and it showed 50 - 60% chance scattered thunderstorms all day. I figured it wasn't here yet so I was going. Went to the same farm I've killed the other 2 on and eased around to a different set-up. Birds started gobbling while I'm still trying to get situated. One is across the pipeline in front of me and one behind me to the left. About 10 minutes later I hear wings and catch one to my right flying into the pipeline and I see his red head and a beard. I checked the watch and it was 5:46. He was in range then but was a little to my right and I had some limbs hanging down in my way. I eased the gun up and he started toward the left where the other bird was still gobbling in the tree. He then started gobbling but only did it 2 or 3 times before he walked right off the end of my barrel. I squeezed the trigger and down he went. Checked the watch again and it was 5:52. According to the rangefinder he was 36 yards. The other birds flew down at the shot and ended up walking back to check things out and it was 2 jakes. I stayed seated for 25 minutes until they finally left.

16 lbs. 15 oz.
9" beard
1" spurs

Turkey3a5-1-10.jpg

turkey35-1-102.jpg

Latest posts

Back