• Help Support TNDeer:

300,000/year for the next 3 years

WTM

of florida strain LMB fingerlings released on the west banks of benton and henry county on KY lake.

kind of have mixed feelings about the results. if we could get some seasonal droughts to grow grass again then they may do fairly well.

I wonder if we could get whoever is in control of restoring the bass populations, to be in control of restoring the turkey populations :poke:

300,000 - are they seeing declines in bass? I haven't fished KY lake for 3-4 years now. I have been told the bass fishing has gone down the tubes due to the invasive asian carp. Any truth to that and is that the sole reason for the restoration?

about a pound per year. males slow down at about 4 or 5 and some of those double digit females will be around 15 years old.

weve had some bad spawns but there are quite a few 2 lb fish so fishing should pick up by the end of 2021.

itd be better if we had the grass that we had before the floods stripped it out around 2011.

they have stocked with florida strains through the years but only in harmons and sulfur creek. these stockings are from birdsong all the way to paris landing.

Can't they find a way to commercialize asian carp? Seems like they could turn it into dog food, cat food.......something. It would give an incentive for businesses to go after them.

TheLBLman":145vsi3h said:
JCDEERMAN":145vsi3h said:
Can't they find a way to commercialize asian carp?
That is actually happening.
A bit more in KY than TN, but happening nonetheless.

Some may find it hard to believe,
but some PEOPLE seem to prefer eating Asians over crappie!
Well that is some good news. Hopefully it gets broadened.

I wouldn't mind trying it. I love my crappie

Latest posts

Back