• Help Support TNDeer:

460 reloading

Barnes make a 200gr for pistols in 45 cal use it or maybe hornady coukd give you some info,I read somewhere that the 200Gr 460 is not the same as their ML bullet

I use the 200gr Barnes XPB in my 460 with 46.5gr H110. I have no idea about using ML bullets. Interested to find out.

Hillbilly Hunter said:
I like H110, but man does it burn dirty. Dang near like shooting black powder.

No kidding. I never had a problem with H110. Can tell no difference. Are you using a mag primer? cci250 or wlrm
May not have a thing to do with it.

A lead bullet will lead the barell bad so I used 350 grain Hornady bullets for reloads they are enough of a bullet for north America. They work in the 458 Winchester Magnum also the 460 just shoots them faster.

Encore Eye Candy said:
If I take a ML bullet like Shockwave to reload for my 460 would there be any problems. They are the same diameter as the what is required .451.

Only problem I see is crimping.

Looked at the shockwave last night at gander. It looks the exact same as the SST Hornady loads in the .460.

Ther is our used to be a device that cuts the crimp groove in any bullet. I will check on it. I know the SST's I shot were great but needed a little more power to shoot with the Barnes.

Latest posts

Back