• Help Support TNDeer:

$5 costas

catman529

Good deal right here, can't beat 5 bucks. these knock off glasses are worth the money considering I'm only out 5 bucks if I break, lose, or scratch them, and they work too.

Now for Costas to be worth the money, they need to be about 50 times better quality if you compare the price. For $250 I expect indestructible glasses that won't scratch or break. Stir stir.

afac88c1431b27f62615619be1d753b9.jpg

A buddy if mine recently found another pair of costas lying by the creek, that's the second pair he's found in the past couple years, drives me nuts. He broke the first pair at the nose, but the new pair he got is real flexible.

Sent from the talk of tap

Re: $5 costas

That is a good deal.

But, if you ever try Costas, you will see the difference. I agree that they aren't worth the retail price to me, but if you watch ebay you can pick them up on the cheap. I think $40 is the most I've ever paid for a pair.

scn":3n1te0hl said:
That is a good deal.

But, if you ever try Costas, you will see the difference. I agree that they aren't worth the retail price to me, but if you watch ebay you can pick them up on the cheap. I think $40 is the most I've ever paid for a pair.
I would pay $40 for a pair of costas any day. I need to watch ebay I guess.

Sent from the talk of tap

I bought some costas at bass pro with gift cards I got for Christmas. First pair was crooked. Returned them. Second pair, the earpieces pop and feel wiggly. I still wear my sunclouds more.

I am just like my dad when it comes to expensive accessories and bad luck. My dad has had the same pair of $15 polarized sun glasses for 10 years. He bought a new pair of costas and his dog chewed them up the day after he bought them

I have a pair I wear for fishing or when dressed up. My 10hr workday glasses are Crossfire 29117. Tinted safety glasses. Absolutely love them. A pair lasts me about 3 months then I chunk them and open another pack. They fit so well and look good enough, If you see me with sunglasses on 95% of the time they are crossfires.

CATCHDAWG":2ojkfuah said:
One of the good things about the Costas is that if they get scratched, broken or the dog chews them up, they have free lifetime replacement.
They replace them if they get scratched?

Mudbone":2qw4h1h7 said:
CATCHDAWG":2qw4h1h7 said:
One of the good things about the Costas is that if they get scratched, broken or the dog chews them up, they have free lifetime replacement.
They replace them if they get scratched?

That's the way I understand the warranty. I've had mine two years and haven't scratched or broke them yet.

I googled costa warranty and it says they are warrantied against any manufacture defect for life, but if it is determined that it wasn't a manufacture defect then they will charge you the cost to repair them, if they still have the parts plus a $20 process fee. This includes scratched lenses, bent frames, etc.

It appears they used to have a good warranty and they got popular and the good warranty went out the door. I'm only speaking from google searches and not from experience, it might be worth looking into further if the warranty is one of reasons to buy.

Latest posts

Back