• Help Support TNDeer:

Almost had to buy

TRIGGER

New seats for the boat and new pants. I was running 60+ down the river close to sunset when all of the sudden I saw what I thought was a huge log just under the surface. It was too late to do anything about it so I just held the wheel tight and held my breath. Nothing happened I figured out that a small finger of light was coming through the trees making the water a different color just big enough to look like a log. Scared the crap out of me. Almost lol. A budy of mine in a ski boat with an onboard/outboard hit a log last week at 35 and it tore his lower unit up and his housing on the outboard. Be careful out there.

Had a buddy hit a submerged log last year on Watts Bar going 70MPH, tore his lower unit clean off and spun his Nitro 360 degrees. Its a wonder he was not thrown out and he came out just fine thankfully.

I hit one last year wide open and it broke the mounts on the motor, motor flipped into boat and the prop was inches from my face. The cowling landed on my left hand and that left a mark. Now at night i drive VERY slow.

Hit a log a few years ago on old hickory running 70. My younger brother was driving. Luckily he had it trimmed way up and out. It only hit the keel. I never go fast anymore. Glad you and your new ride are ok!!

Back