• Help Support TNDeer:

Anchor and rope

Get a 2 gallon bucket that is used in Bakerys for sweet toppings.Drill about 4 holes in the sides of bottom and stick in the big pole barn nails.Fill with concrete and insert an I bolt in the top.Leave handle on for lifting in the boat.Thank me later for a strong 5 dollar anchor!!

ClubHead":1v41qdkz said:
Get a 2 gallon bucket that is used in Bakerys for sweet toppings.Drill about 4 holes in the sides of bottom and stick in the big pole barn nails.Fill with concrete and insert an I bolt in the top.Leave handle on for lifting in the boat.Thank me later for a strong 5 dollar anchor!!
that's a good idea. I did get a coated anchor on clearance at Walmart last year so I got lucky with a nicer one. Bought an anchor rope and hardly use the anchor but it's good to have when I need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman529":kb5uxd7a said:
ClubHead":kb5uxd7a said:
that's a good idea. I did get a coated anchor on clearance at Walmart last year so I got lucky with a nicer one. Bought an anchor rope and hardly use the anchor but it's good to have when I need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That anchor is the favorite here on Ky Lake.It has been built a bunch!!

I use an anchor all the time. Especially for crappie in the spring and bass when fishing deep. My boat is probably right at 2000 lbs. My anchor is 50 lb check weight for scales, and when I drop it I am there, no moving around or trying to get it to hang. It is about 6" x 8" x 6". If you want to anchor and not move, I probably would not go less than 40 lbs. and recommend 50. And get a large diameter rope. Pulling a up a heavy anchor with a small rope can be not only tough but painful.

Back