• Help Support TNDeer:

Another broken rod!!

TNReb

I posted last week about a Megabass Destroyer Daemos that I broke.

The same week, I purchased a Megabass Destroyer FMJ.

Well, I was fishing with it, and had my first bite. I set the hook, and the rod snapped right in half. That caused the bottom half to fall, and the tip snapped also. I couldn't believe it. I didn't do anything wrong, and I have babied this rod since I got it. I still managed to catch the fish, it wasn't even 2lbs!

I called Megabass again, and of course they are going to replace it. Unfortunately, they are out of stock and won't have it in for about another month. She told me they have had a string of unusual breaks recently, and they think they may have got a bad shipment.

I wasn't too mad about the first one. I have never broken a ride in my life, and chalked it up to bad luck.

Now, I'm just ticked off.

d49a0b445fb5c4bca8ca58995c271f0d.jpg

I broke the tip off (top 9 inches or so) of an All Star spinning rod yesterday afternoon. It was a few years old but it still pissed me off.

I am using Big Bear Rods almost exclusively right now. ( I am a Pro Staffer) They are a little pricey but they are top notch. Best rods I have used and I have used a bunch of different brands. I haven't had any breakage or guide problems at all.

https://www.bigbearrods.com/

I have some $50 and possibly a $100 dollar gift card for Big Bear Rods if you want to try one.

RUGER":3gr46rhs said:
I believe I would be shopping for a different brand.
Hate it for ya man.
Yup. I've already listed the first one for sale on BBC and will sell this one as soon as I get it replaced.

Luckily I got them cheap enough that I think I can about break even on them.

ZachMarkus":1oewn44o said:
Now I know what brand not to buy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Lol you should see the stink he can stir up talking about a fishing guide in Florida! Bbaaahhhhaawwwew

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

I had that happen with 2 Lacroix Mojo Bass rods about a year ago. When looking at the serial number I realized they had been made the same month of the same year. I had purchased them separately probably 8 months apart. Lacroix replaced them with new rods at no charge and I haven't had a problem since with lots of 20+ pound fish landed on each rod. I think sometimes maybe there is a "bad batch". Now if mine break again, I will part ways with mojo rods.

RUGER":15mnuizi said:
ZachMarkus":15mnuizi said:

Lol you should see the stink he can stir up talking about a fishing guide in Florida! Bbaaahhhhaawwwew

Oh man... don't even get me started on that turd!! :D

Not many people on here are responsible for TNDeer receiving letters from a lawyer! :D

TNReb":2qu5frx9 said:
RUGER":2qu5frx9 said:
ZachMarkus":2qu5frx9 said:

Oh man... don't even get me started on that turd!! :D

Not many people on here are responsible for TNDeer receiving letters from a lawyer! :D
Lol true dat! Lol

TNReb":1n7nsxkj said:
I posted last week about a Megabass Destroyer Daemos that I broke.

The same week, I purchased a Megabass Destroyer FMJ.
thanks for the heads up. i know what rod not to try lol. tough luck man

Unbelievable

You should reach out to Hugh Frreeze I hear he has contacts than can straighten a rod out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back