• Help Support TNDeer:

Another Citico thread....

TresMon

I too have been thinking about some week day visits to Citico. I need to take my burned out cop buddy camping and introduce him to one of the finest ways to unwind. He's not a fly fisher... What should I arm him with? Rooster tails and Little Cleo spoons? Or?

Parachute adams and elk hairs will do it for frailing the water with dry's I assume?

Don't see many fly fishing Citico.

My advice is...take a vehicle you don't care about. It's going to get beat all to pieces from ruts and pot holes. Double Camp to Vonore was always bad...now it's 10x worse. And coming in from the Indian Boundary side ain't much better. Forest Service needs to get up there and at least take a grader to the road. I know Citico far better than Tellico but I am going to Tellico now due to it at least being paved.

Crow Terminator":2kn64lsu said:

My advice is...take a vehicle you don't care about. It's going to get beat all to pieces from ruts and pot holes. Double Camp to Vonore was always bad...now it's 10x worse. And coming in from the Indian Boundary side ain't much better. Forest Service needs to get up there and at least take a grader to the road. I know Citico far better than Tellico but I am going to Tellico now due to it at least being paved.
This^^^^^

I was out there a week ago and the road is the worst I've ever seen it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Buzzard Breath":2nb0zpvt said:
Crow Terminator":2nb0zpvt said:

This^^^^^

I was out there a week ago and the road is the worst I've ever seen it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm taking this to be a very good thing....assuming it will keep people away?

Update to this...

Took the niece and nephew to see the snow on the skyway and a last minute trip to Citico to try for a trout.

Forest Service HAS graded the road! On the Indian Boundary side at least down to Jake Best campground...they're putting gravel down and have already graded the main road and widened some of the pull over spots. MUCH better now. Water was ROLLING though. We did catch some trout in the slower flowing parts but it required a half ounce of sinkers to even halfway fish it. Trout were very aggressive...hitting hard. Monday and Tuesday should be real good when the water settles.

Powerbait pearls and red works seem to work pretty good on citico. The road is graded as stated before but it doesn't take long for the pot holes to come back. Great place to get away, it's my go to.

Back