• Help Support TNDeer:

another monster redear from Havasu

WTM

would like to fish that lake before i die, lol.

Attachments

• 940653AA-B621-4A85-A30B-21E946AC9B98.jpeg
    940653AA-B621-4A85-A30B-21E946AC9B98.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 2,144
Hottest day on the lake ever! Went fishing there as a kid with my Uncle. Always a big ol sunburn.
We went one time week of July 4 and stayed like two weeks. For some reason my Uncle didn't realize how many people came there for the Fourth of July. He was in his 70's we couldn't even fish that weekend I swear every day was 110 deg plus. He passed away when I was 13 or 14. Never been back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImThere":p6ntwsyi said:
Hottest day on the lake ever! Went fishing there as a kid with my Uncle. Always a big ol sunburn.
We went one time week of July 4 and stayed like two weeks. For some reason my Uncle didn't realize how many people came there for the Fourth of July. He was in his 70's we couldn't even fish that weekend I swear every day was 110 deg plus. He passed away when I was 13 or 14. Never been back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah ive seen pics of all the boats in summer. they even have boat parades. :tu:

This is Lake Havasu in Arizona????

You serious, that fish came outta that water? Nahhhhhhhh, i doan tink so you pullin my leg. Africa maybe. Amazon maybe. There are twenty billion people fishing/boating that lake.

RUGER, you have to drive I-40 west till you cross Havasu. Yep, swear to it, I-40 crosses The Colorado River (is really pretty, too) which feeds Havasu. Once you cross the Colorado you are pretty quick in California and you can stop in Needles. Hot place believe me. Head further west to Barstow for the biggest McDonalds in the Universe. Every place has a claim to fame.

DaveB":1h68qeka said:
This is Lake Havasu in Arizona????

You serious, that fish came outta that water? Nahhhhhhhh, i doan tink so you pullin my leg. Africa maybe. Amazon maybe. There are twenty billion people fishing/boating that lake.

RUGER, you have to drive I-40 west till you cross Havasu. Yep, swear to it, I-40 crosses The Colorado River (is really pretty, too) which feeds Havasu. Once you cross the Colorado you are pretty quick in California and you can stop in Needles. Hot place believe me. Head further west to Barstow for the biggest McDonalds in the Universe. Every place has a claim to fame.

yeah same lake, part in cali and part in arizona. they've had a boon in red ear in the last few years. lake perris is another lake on my dream list, 12" coppernose are common.

but if there was only one lake on my bucket list it would be richmond mill lake.

http://www.kingfishersociety.com/fishing.html

the guy holding that bass and bluegill on the same crankbait, probably knows more about big bluegill than anyone in the country that i have met.

WTM":19l3fqp8 said:
but if there was only one lake on my bucket list it would be richmond mill lake.

the guy holding that bass and bluegill on the same crankbait, probably knows more about big bluegill than anyone in the country that i have met.

I ran across that place on time on youtube.
Definitely be a dream come true but way out of my league price wise.

RUGER":1b017c3h said:
WTM":1b017c3h said:

I am blessed, I get to go fairly often to a place like that, for sure better fishing on some days and I don't pay anything. Like i said, Blessed!

I have told the story of Lake Perris.

I worked with this lady---very attractive, educated, blonde. Goes fishing with her hubby near every weekend. He goes after bass, shes the panfish-for-dinner lady, I mean she embroidered her fishing pants.

She caught took pictures and weighed a bluegill. Then she ate it for dinner.

State of California Record bluegill. The nose bump looked like a football. Fish was huge I cannot recall the weight range but over 4 pounds.

Lake Perris is free. Is a Public lake. Used to be you could hunt quail and such at one end. From Barstow have to take I-215 over the mountain (downhill at 15 degrees I swear it) and stay southbound towards san diego and once past city of Riverside you will see an exit to Perris.

Headhunter":1a7dxj7j said:
RUGER":1a7dxj7j said:
WTM":1a7dxj7j said:

I am blessed, I get to go fairly often to a place like that, for sure better fishing on some days and I don't pay anything. Like i said, Blessed!

count those blessings, unless managed properly, fish like that are quickly disappearing. the old timey thinking of keeping all you want of the largest fish and throwing back small to mid size males and all females will hurt a fishery quicker than asian carp.

Latest posts

Back