• Help Support TNDeer:

Another Pickwick question

I remember some around Goat Island (just south if I remember correctly) around 20 years ago but I haven't been in that area since and haven't seen them anywhere else.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Spurhunter":1ef6h9lo said:
I remember some around Goat Island (just south if I remember correctly) around 20 years ago but I haven't been in that area since and haven't seen them anywhere else.

Is that down at Muscle Shoals and seven mile island area?

TRIGGER":28amrv3l said:
Spurhunter":28amrv3l said:

Is that down at Muscle Shoals and seven mile island area?
That's not the area I'm referring to. I'm not familiar with that area at all. Look up Goat Island Recreation area on the map. The area I'm talking about is south of there before you get to the bridge.

I don't recall seeing any on the river along Seven Mile.

The river has a pretty good current right along the Islands.

Seems like back years ago there were a few on Wilson Lake in some of the larger Sloughs.

Pickwick has weed beds! Years ago it created some good early morning top water action.

Smo":j3xy03lu said:
I don't recall seeing any on the river along Seven Mile.

The river has a pretty good current right along the Islands.

Seems like back years ago there were a few on Wilson Lake in some of the larger Sloughs.

Pickwick has weed beds! Years ago it created some good early morning top water action.

I'm seeing those on google earth. Are they still there? I fished it last Saturday but stayed north.

Sorry couldn't tell you , I haven't fished down there since the early 90's.

But I would bet the weeds are still there... some good shellcracker beds.

Unless someone has killed the weeds out they should still be there.

Unless things have changed they are hard to kill too.

I knew a Guy up on Wilson Lake who tried to kill them out by pulling them up.

LOL It was a waste of time.

Crappie fishing was always good up in Bear Creek.

When I fished there we mostly long line trolled.

The only problem is it reminds me of Big Sandy, you can almost step from your boat into another.

TRIGGER":2brdgeux said:
Does Pickwick have any Lilly pads?

I never ventured south of Waterloo, but I've not aware of any on the north end of the lake. If they exist I'm thinking It'd have to be in the backs of Bear Creek or Indian Creek maybe??

Latest posts

Back