• Help Support TNDeer:

Another treestand question

Buzzard Breath

This year, I'm going to hunt an area where my neither my climber nor TreeSaddle are going to work. Since I've already got the Lone Wolf sticks, I'm thinking about getting a light weight portable tree stand. I used to have a Loc-on LEM that would have worked perfect, but gave i away years ago. I'm pretty sure the company has since gone out of business. I would like to find a treestand that weighs around 10 pounds or less. Does anyone have a certain one they use, that they would recommend? Comfort is not a concern.

If you have one you use, pictures of how you attach the sticks to the stand would be a bonus.

Thanks is advance,
Buzz

I use gorilla brand.....the cheapest one they make....never had an issue with it.....

Below is a pic of a gorilla stand with a shooting rail /camo burlap....neither the shooting rail, the stand itself or the climbing stick are attached to one another. All are separate buys.

hard to see the pic, I know, but maybe it will give you some ideas.......

loved that setup. the last pic was two bucks taken from that very stand a few days apart.....my last season in Chaney.

huntingstuff2010006.jpg

deerroom3002.jpg

Vermin93 said:
I'm wondering what kind of situation you have where a Tree Saddle won't work but a hang-on stand will work. That seems odd...
Pine tree with a bunch of branches. Has a small area open on the trunk where I can squeeze in a hang-on about 15 feet up. It's the only mature tree in the area that a guy can get a stand into. Overlooks about a half dozen persimmon trees.

Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Back