• Help Support TNDeer:

Any ideas?

breaker19sK

So I'm elbows deep in a bass boat restoration project. Most things are pretty straight forward so far and I have a solid plan for * most* things that need a facelift...with the exception of this rubber foam-like molding around the insturment panels. Short of scouring every boat grave yard in the country I have no idea how to restore/replace this stuff. It's weathered, paint is gone, and it's torn at the fastening point in places. Anyone ever dealt with something like this? Some may say leave it as is but at the end of this project I want it all done the right way. Can I paint this crap? Are there shops that can fabricate such things? Thanks guys.
043079c880b73cef49e553fe74b271ba.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

A lot of my friends are having metal fabrication shops make them replacement panels for their dashes to hold the new electronics. I am sure the same could be done for your older parts. They take them the piece they want fabricated and they build one and powder coat it. They look really good. It also gives you the opportunity to add or subtract holes for mounting different stuff.

Kirk, good advice. I'm gonna call around tomorrow...and brother, you wasn't lying about that carpet

rolltide22":3pbvatf0 said:
Give C and O marine a call. They are in White Bluff Tn i'm thinking.

Yes, they have a lot of older parts in their storage area. I bought a 1998 model (new in box) speedo guage and trim level indicator from them in 2010. They might have exactly what you need.

I've heard a lot about C&O. Judging from what I've been hearing is their inventory is much bigger than what they have online. I contacted some metal fabricating shops today. This definitely gives me options....as my budget needs as many of those options as it can get right now

Latest posts

Back