• Help Support TNDeer:

Any other 1 pinners out there…

redblood

I have converted to 1 pin. Not the kind that requires tape, just a single pin. 31" draw and 74 pounds, i have found that i am fine from 5 to 35 yards with just slight adjustment in aim. Think it will greatly simplify things. Just curious if anyone else does this

I have done it that way and every other style of single pin even when I had one I could adjust for distance I would just leave it set at 25yards while hunting and adjust my aim from there

Now I have this sight it's a adjustable range sight but both dots move at the same time so they are a set distance apart when the top dot is set on 20 the bottom dot lines up at 35yds so I can hold dead on 0-45 basically just by picking a dot and adjusting my aim

My tape goes all the way out to 150ish yards but I only ever play with dialing ranges when practicing hunting I'll leave it set on 20 so I'm goo from 0-45

I can't pull my bow back any more due to a neck injury or at least know better than to try to shoot consistently so as not to reinjure myself. Before that, I shot one pin. It was dead on at 22 yards and good out to 32 to 35 yards. If less than 20, aim at the heart and high lungs if around 30 or so.

I would like to try a 1 pin slider with a sight tape sometime but IDK I have always shot a 5 pin fixed and it works for me. So it aint broke so why fix it? I feel good out to about 50-60yards. I have them set at 20,30,40,50, and 60. Anything under 20 I use the 20yard pin and normally wouldn't shoot anything over 40.

I've been trying to learn to shoot a bow...a recurve. Honestly, haven't messed with it since my medical issues came up. But...I'm not using a pin. I think @Shag called it instinctive shooting. Got a lot of practice to do before I take a shot at a deer, but it was coming along fine before I got sick. Hopefully I will be able to get back after it.

I've been trying to learn to shoot a bow...a recurve. Honestly, haven't messed with it since my medical issues came up. But...I'm not using a pin. I think @Shag called it instinctive shooting. Got a lot of practice to do before I take a shot at a deer, but it was coming along fine before I got sick. Hopefully I will be able to get back after it.

With a safe backdrop, forget about aiming and ignore your bow. Draw point and release in one fluid motion without ever taking your concentration off the spot you want to hit. My guess is you'll surprise yourself with how accurate you are if you don't clog your brain with aiming. It's already built in. If you can point your finger at what you want to hit then you can put an arrow into it. Human physiology is amazing.

I've tried the single pin, slider, 3 pin, and 5 pin. I always find myself going back to a 3 pin set at 20,30,40.
wish i could pull this off. so much more practical. my eyes just wont allow it. almost like it is too much clutter. and i have legit 20/10 vision.

With a safe backdrop, forget about aiming and ignore your bow. Draw point and release in one fluid motion without ever taking your concentration off the spot you want to hit. My guess is you'll surprise yourself with how accurate you are if you don't clog your brain with aiming. It's already built in. If you can point your finger at what you want to hit then you can put an arrow into it. Human physiology is amazing.
It's the same as throwing a football at a coke can. Do it enough and you'll get it. Once you do, at 15 yds it's like magic if you don't take your eye off the spot you want to hit till the arrow hits. The difference between the great ones like Howard Hill and everybody else is they can keep their eye on the spot 100% of the time.

wish i could pull this off. so much more practical. my eyes just wont allow it. almost like it is too much clutter. and i have legit 20/10 vision.

Try .010" pins. MUCH less glow so it doesn't crowd the target or look too cluttered in the sight housing. The .019" are way too bright & big for me but they're the most standard and what most sights come with.

Try .010" pins. MUCH less glow so it doesn't crowd the target or look too cluttered in the sight housing. The .019" are way too bright & big for me but they're the most standard and what most sights come with.
yuuuuuup my single pin is .10. i will tinker again for sure

It's the same as throwing a football at a coke can.

Yessir that's exactly what it's like. If you can hit a can with a football, you can also hit it with an arrow. Lots of folks trying traditional archery think too hard and/or try some aiming techniques, when really it's as easy as hand/eye coordination. More you do it better it gets.

As for a pin, my eyes are so old man a pin is a blurry blob just like open sights on a gun.
I think after you get the form right and shoot enough to let your eyes/ brain know what a hit looks like it's a matter of keeping your eyes on the target 100% of the time, my problem is just at the last second as the string leaves my fingers my eyes drift and I'll be off some, if they stay locked I'll hit within a few inches no matter the distance. That last second drift deprives my hand/eye coordination what it needs to make the hit.

Latest posts

Back