• Help Support TNDeer:

Anyone ever fished Lake Erie?

We went on a guided trip last June. We trolled for walleye. We caught a 6 man limit. We brought back a BUNCH of fillets. I'll try and get the guys name we went with.

The trolling took a lot of fun out it. I think we had 10+ rods out at one time. But the guy did his job. He helped us catch a lot of fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodyard":m3v6ct0p said:
arctic_cat":m3v6ct0p said:
what kind/species of fish?
Most likely walleye or maybe lake trout.

Skip the lake trout IMO anyway. Caught a whole bunch of them in the Upper Peninsula one summer. They were fun I guess, but didn't taste any good and the walleye and smallmouth are a lot funner to catch.

id fish the eastern basin if i could, Penn. or NY side, part of the central and western basin is still polluted. the eastern side is where they catch steelhead, coho, browns and healthy walleye anyways.

Where we fished it was all about perch and walleye. I think they told us we would have to go up near NY to get into the good smallmouth. I have perch/walleye every day I was there. Perch is an underrated tasty fish, I might have liked it more than the walleye.

We used to go out of Port Clinton, Ohio for walleye and do well. Several charters go out of the marinas there. Want to have a blast try and hit the white bass spawn out on the reef's. 6 of us fishing once caught 502 in two hours first day, 512 in two hours second day. I was catching them 3 at a time with a 3 jig setup. We went for Walleye and limit then for the couple hours for the white bass.

Latest posts

Back