• Help Support TNDeer:

Anyone fish the Caney lately?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Got a buddy that has never been before and I am gonna try to get up there for a wade trip soon.
Just wondering how the generation has been lately?

I had an ap on my phone at one time but my phone is crapping out and I can't access it anymore.

Also, can you still wade it with 1 generator going?

Last I heard they run one generator for a few hours than cut it off, but have sluice gate open 24/7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For about the past month and a half or so they have been running one generator from about mid day till about 6-7 pm give or take on Monday-Friday. On the weekends if they generate they only do it for a couple of hours late morning or early afternoon. When not generating, I believe the sluice is fairly negligible. Maybe 250 CFS.

Don't ask how I know these things. I have never fished this river in my life. I promise. ;)

RUGER":jzbpsptl said:
Got a buddy that has never been before and I am gonna try to get up there for a wade trip soon.
Just wondering how the generation has been lately?

I had an ap on my phone at one time but my phone is crapping out and I can't access it anymore.

Also, can you still wade it with 1 generator going?

You've never been able to really wade it (except maybe right beside the bank) with one generator going. At anything over about 400 cfs the Caney is not wadeable. You probably were thinking about the discharge from the orifice/sluice gate. That discharge is normally around 250-300 cfs and is my favorite flow to fish on the Caney.

Trout fishing has been fairly tough on the Caney the past couple of weeks. Folks are still catching some fish, but not like they were in the late spring/early summer. We have been fighting high water temps up there for a while, and I have been told we lost some fish when the ater temps and DO got critical several weeks ago. Hopefully things will pick up when it cools down a little.

The TVA link that has been posted will give you the generation schedule. Just remember that the schedule for the following day is usually not posted by the Corp until 3:30 or 4pm. Because they do move the generation schedule around quite a bit, it does make it difficult to plan a trip very far in advance.

Latest posts

Back