• Help Support TNDeer:

anyone fishing Chickamauga lately?

TNReb

We were originally heading to Barkley or Kentucky this weekend, but we're halfway considering Chick now instead.

The guys I'm going with really like fishing grass and structure - not ledges. I'm trying to learn to fish ledges, but it doesn't sound like we'll be doing that wherever we go Saturday.

We've never fished Chick before. Would we have any chance of fishing grass/structure in the shallows and getting bit? Any suggestions for general areas of the lake to fish or ramps to use?

I mainly fish shallow structure, I fish the Chick 2 days a week. The shallow bite is tough right now, but if you can find good cover, grass or wood, in 4-12 FOW you will get bit. I do think most of the bigger fish have gone deep but some good ones still shallow. Like you, I am trying to learn to fish the ledges and deep water. Going in the morning myself.
Have fun and be safe.

Yeah get out early and you can get your line pulled on. Like KyRick said the most hogs have moved out to the ledges. I don't know if you or your group enjoy night fishing but it is great right now. I personally never liked night fishing on a lake that I'm not familiar with. Since you are looking to fish the grass, I would suggest the Dayton boat ramp. Good luck no matter where you go and may you have tight lines!

Chickamuga is producing some big fish this year. The biggest fish seem to be coming from the lower lake toward the Chickamauga dam. I fish the upper lake where the Hiwassee River meets the Tennessee. Dayton Boat Dock (Michael Neals shop) is located on the upper lake.

This past Monday afternoon I came in second in a 15 boat dogfight using a 10 inch green Gambler ledge Worm Texas Rigged and the other guy was throwing a 4 inch swim bait. We were sitting where a ledge, a creek channel and 6 foot deep flat all converge. It was loaded with fish. This was on the Hiwassee portion of the Lake.

Kirk":21v29yd3 said:
Chickamuga is producing some big fish this year. The biggest fish seem to be coming from the lower lake toward the Chickamauga dam. I fish the upper lake where the Hiwassee River meets the Tennessee. Dayton Boat Dock (Michael Neals shop) is located on the upper lake.

This past Monday afternoon I came in second in a 15 boat dogfight using a 10 inch green Gambler ledge Worm Texas Rigged and the other guy was throwing a 4 inch swim bait. We were sitting where a ledge, a creek channel and 6 foot deep flat all converge. It was loaded with fish. This was on the Hiwassee portion of the Lake.
Thanks for the info. I was looking at that area after a couple of other people made similar mentions. If these guys drop out (they still haven't made a decision) I think I'm going to head there by myself anyway. I'm itching to fish somewhere new and I've already planned around this weekend...

Chic would be a wise choice, KY lake really suffering right now with the Carp problem, very tough fishing. Chic has been above average even for it this year.

Alright. Finally got it settled. Going to stay at Blue Water in Dayton Friday night and fish out of there. I'll post Saturday evening and whine about how we didn't catch anything. :D

Blue Water is a nice place. You will like it. If you can't find fish Saturday you can text me and will give you some spots to try. I will pm number to you if you want it.

Latest posts

Back