• Help Support TNDeer:

Anyone have any luck with bass the last couple days?

TNReb

Old Hickory had been down right tough for me the last 3 days. I don't know if the sudden drop in water temp has them locked up or what.

Was hearing the same today at pickwick.They had a flw tourny and bass guys kept asking me if i had caught any bass
TNReb":2gthx9j7 said:
Old Hickory had been down right tough for me the last 3 days. I don't know if the sudden drop in water temp has them locked up or what.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

I blamed it on all the bait[emoji23]there was bait in 7-22fow,everywhere.Fish busting the surface all over,everywhere you went on pickwick.Guys fishing the flw event would idle by asking about the bite and said it was terrible,lol.
WTM":37k27js1 said:
high sky sunny days are the worse especially on a stable high pressure. during those storm fronts they probably fed up and laid up after.

bluball":3ecvjdga said:
I blamed it on all the bait[emoji23]there was bait in 7-22fow,everywhere.Fish busting the surface all over,everywhere you went on pickwick.Guys fishing the flw event would idle by asking about the bite and said it was terrible,lol.
WTM":3ecvjdga said:
high sky sunny days are the worse especially on a stable high pressure. during those storm fronts they probably fed up and laid up after.

was the bait balled up or spread out.

WTM":uiyc3ib1 said:
bluball":uiyc3ib1 said:
WTM":uiyc3ib1 said:

was the bait balled up or spread out.
Both,i scanned from 6-22fow some balls and some spread out.You could see fish in the whole creek busting the surface chaseing bait.I only fished a hour and a half and didnt do any good but was checking what i scanned.I spiderrigged 4 poles with 3/4oz weights so i could move fast and check structure out.A couple times the bait would be so thick at the surface it would be moveing my lines around some,you could also see it.I have made 4 trips to pickwick since aug and every trip bait has been everywhere,the most i have ever saw in my life in lake.The only place ive seen more bait was at grenada when we fished the act tourny this year.

Wore them out on Old Hickory Sunday morning from daybreak to around 0900. All topwater, LM bass and white bass were crushing shad in the mid-lake Avondale area, shallow 3'-6' depth. Main channel had a bunch of floaters so be careful running wide open.

The bite on Chickamauga has been consistent, and actually better than it normally is this time of year. Im not boating any giants but catching good numbers around the grass. Hopefully I can put 5 good ones in the sack tomorrow.

I used to live in Cedar creek and I can remember smoking them this time of year on topwater and chatterbait around the sail boats near schutes branch

Latest posts

Back