• Help Support TNDeer:

Anyone here watch their boat burn today?

Snowwolfe

We were at the Watts Bar dam fishing for cats today. Noticed a plume of heavy black smoke coming from the lock area. Drove over to investigate and found a fiberglass boat on fire. Owner said they blew the motor and it caught on fire. Boat looked like a small glass speed boat of some type with an inboard. Didn't appear that anyone was seriously hurt but they did say one of the kids had a bad burn on a leg.
Dang boat burnt for about 45 minutes.

Once again, we were in the area just below the dam and observed numerous people in boats with no life jackets on.

Snowwolfe":f028yh3b said:
Once again, we were in the area just below the dam and observed numerous people in boats with no life jackets on.

their thinking...
1. nothing could ever happen
2. i'm a good swimmer
3. i can get to the life jacket if something happens

nitro_z17":28p9fcox said:
Snowwolfe":28p9fcox said:

their thinking...
1. nothing could ever happen
2. i'm a good swimmer
3. i can get to the life jacket if something happens

4. It's tooooo Hot!

I fished around Wilson Dam a lot when I was younger, we always had the life jacket on.

Those automatic turbines can move some water quickly .

Knowing how to avoid certain situations and knowing the water your running in makes a huge difference.

Boats handle differently in turbulant water, below any dam is not the place for an inexperienced boater!

I hope everyone has a Safe Holiday.

Latest posts

Back