• Help Support TNDeer:

Anyone loading Norma Oryx in 243 Win?

Tenntrapper

Does anyone here load this bullet? Mostly looking for info on amount of bullet jump works best. It's a 100 grain bullet, and will be loaded to fit a model Seven Rem. I will be using Reloder 19, if that matters. Thanks for any help, I appreciate it.

RL19 is my second choice powder for the 100 gr Nosler Partition in my Rem 700 ADL in 243. First is IMR7828.

You have a comparator or OAL tool? This is where they really earn their value.

DaveB":1ifxd647 said:
RL19 is my second choice powder for the 100 gr Nosler Partition in my Rem 700 ADL in 243. First is IMR7828.

You have a comparator or OAL tool? This is where they really earn their value.
Yes, I use both. In the comparator, I'm getting 3.281 which gives me a coal of 2.585 to the lands. Norma data shows a 2.520. if I use their data, that's a .065" jump, plus it's got the bullet way down below the neck. Any suggestions?

I would start at a smaller jump---20 off for the first 3-round group. My Rem has a long throat.

Just my opinion but I would thoroughly clean the barrel first and fire several fouler's at the range. Let the barrel cool before firing for score.

Pretty standard from here on out, just depends on what you define as accurate.
I would expect something around this:

Attachments

• Dadstargets078.JPG
    Dadstargets078.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 535
Going deeper into the case is generally not going to cause a problem-take a look at how deep the 6.5 CM 140's go.

I am not one of the jammed into lands folks, but I can assure you Mr. Big is, I hope he chimes in. TIMINTN also understand that process.

Engaging the lands with your bullet as part of the going into battery process is the thing to do with certain bullets and actions. I just never do that.

Back