• Help Support TNDeer:

Apalachia Water release

bds240

Its been about 3 years since I have been trout fishing and me and my brother were planning a trip up to Reliance Friday morning. Just looked at the release schedule and average outflow is 8900cfs and it looks like they are spilling 7400cfs from the dam. If my memory serves me correct the usual outflow is around 1800cfs. Please correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't look like we will be doing any wading or trout fishing Friday Morning. We may just take the boat out to the honey hole and get on some perch.

bds240":st8tb47r said:
Its been about 3 years since I have been trout fishing and me and my brother were planning a trip up to Reliance Friday morning. Just looked at the release schedule and average outflow is 8900cfs and it looks like they are spilling 7400cfs from the dam. If my memory serves me correct the usual outflow is around 1800cfs. Please correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't look like we will be doing any wading or trout fishing Friday Morning. We may just take the boat out to the honey hole and get on some perch.
You are correct. The Hiawassee is ROLLING right now. The honey hole you speak of has really been messed with as well. They've been looking for a missing fisherman up there. The lake has went from flooded to drained and drug and back to flooded all within two weeks. That being said, me and a couple buddies will be there with our kayaks Friday also. Don't how the fishing will be but we're gonna try.

I also should have mentioned that if your heart is set on trout, all the smaller creeks are stocked right now. Spring creek, Goforth etc. The first few times they stock the streams, the trout are usually pretty good sized and they add a few "Tellico trophies" to each.

We ended up going to chickamauga and trolling for some crappie did pretty well. Caught most of them trolling in 10 to 15 foot of water. Had a great time. Biggest was 13" and most were keepers.

Latest posts

Back