• Help Support TNDeer:

API Treestand replacement chains

double browtine

I have an older API Treestand. The label says - The Grandslam GS2500M "Magnum". It was one of the original's before the company was sold. I am guessing I bought it around 1996, when they first came out with the chains. Mine are a little rusty. I called API and since the new owners didn't make this model, they couldn't tell me if the new chains they make will fit. Question is, has anyone swapped to the new chains they sell with an older stand? If so, which size works best?

You can use the new chains they make . You will have to take the plastic inserts out in order for the chains to work . I have been using them for years without them in the stand.

harley 2008":2bwwcoug said:
You can use the new chains they make . You will have to take the plastic inserts out in order for the chains to work . I have been using them for years without them in the stand.
X 2 just did the same thing with one I have. Works fine

I have a Grand slam supreme model. I think I have had that thing for around 15 yrs now. I bought replacement chains from bass pro shops. The chains came with the new inserts that fit the new chains and my stand perfectly.

slagtown_dfa":2d63gfmc said:
Here is step by step instructions for diy replacement chains that the vinyl is better than what you can buy. I did mine for $27 where the api replacement chains are $70
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1596618

Slagtown- thanks so much for the link. I am going to go to TSC today and grab a chain. Then I will probably stop by Lowes to get some clear vinyl tubing and try that instead of the shrink. I broke one of my plastic plugs getting it out of the stand.

Latest posts

Back