• Help Support TNDeer:

Are any of you hunting LBL this Season ?

Maybe that will help the deer to travel more . Hopefully it will keep them on their feet more looking for food instead of laying in thickets with a lot of acorns to feed on....

I hunted there last year but stayed in the valleys and had no luck. I went this past weekend and hit the ridges and saw signs of deer but didn't see any. Still trying to figure out how to hunt that place. But I think I am on the right track now.

I did not get drawn this year but I love that place and I have seen deer every day out for both years I have been able to hunt it. Hopefully I will get drawn on the 17 hunt which will be my third point.

I got my preference point this year along with my group of buddies. We go every three years. The hunting is terrible, but the comradery is worth every penny. We rent a cabin, get plastered, play guitar and sing. I think hunting is more of an excuse. We usually get our whoppers on private land.
If you can't kill a deer at LBL you are doing something wrong. Put the bottle down and get in the woods.

I have seen so many hogs in one day in Area 15, that it would not be possible to count all of them.
Dang That Post was 9 years old! but still to this day I've seen 1 hog on LBL. I killed my 8th deer at LBL last year other was my dads 5th.
20231029_074209.jpg

Last edited:
I used to turkey hunt LBL often, but last time we went we heard no turkeys but saw plenty of hog sign and ever heard some.
Used to deer hunt there a little. Lots of acorns at times can make it a little difficult, along with hunter pressure.
And its the tick capital of the world.
Still a very cool place.

I've enjoyed some great deer and turkey hunts over the last 15 years at LBL. I live out of state now, but still find my way back there about every year. It's not what it was when I started hunting it and the place can really test your patience. I've had many all day sits that I did not see a single deer, but when the time is right, that place can be electric.

Attachments

• IMG_6327.jpeg
    IMG_6327.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6328.jpeg
    IMG_6328.jpeg
    381.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6329.jpeg
    IMG_6329.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6330.jpeg
    IMG_6330.jpeg
    244.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Awesome job Nate 17 those a great bucks. I've personally never hunted LBL. But plenty of big woods places. And they are hard to find at times in those environments.

Back