• Help Support TNDeer:

Arlington Tn

Cache

2-Step Enabled
Just moved out here from collierville. Anyone know of any ponds or lakes close to fish without a boat. This weathe has me itching to go!

Thanks easy. Was 5 minutes from it in Collierville and only fished it a handful of times the past few years. Never did have much luck on it.

You might want to try the little lake at IH Managerial Park on Canada Road in Lakeland. It's open to the public and my boys have caught a few catfish and bluegill there.

The lake mentioned in Lakeland holds a kid's fishing tournament early summer. They release a bunch of catfish and after the turney you can catch a few. Otherwise it's almost strictly bream and cat. Edmund Orgill holds some big fish if you can get them to bite. I didn't know it had crappie until I caught a 4 pounder. I went back after them a few times and didn't have much luck and only caught a few. The good thing is it doesn't take many 2-4 pound crappie to get the skillet stinky. Other than that almost all the ponds/lakes in the area are on private land. I've heard the pond there at 385 and Hwy 70 holds some huge bass. If you can get permission to fish it let me know.

Thanks Mike. 4 lb crappie! That's a hog! I'll have to give it a go one day. The lake at 385 and 70 looks good with all the cypress trees. Actually saw someone out there fishing last week and thought about waiting to ask for permission.

Another spot....If you turn down Houston Levee headed south off of Hwy 64 you'll get to a point where TVA power lines run across the road. Where those lines are situated east of Houston Levee you'll notice a swampy looking area. That's a pool created by beaver damns. I haven't fished there but my son and a friend of his have. Last year they took a couple of 11 pound bass out of there and several in the 5-8 pound range. I've told myself I need to try it. Be forewarned it is snakey swampy all the way and I suspect it's full of moccasins.

Latest posts

Back