• Help Support TNDeer:

Asain carp

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I have decided the next time I go to Reelfoot I am gonna go prepared to keep, clean, cook and eat some asain carp.
Been told by a few people that have already had it that it is very good.

Been watching videos on how to clean them etc.

From what I understand they spoil much faster than what "we" are used to.
Gonna carry a cooler and ice and as soon as I get it in I will gut it then pack it in ice till I get home to finish it up.

Watched one video and the guy made what he called "flying carp wings", which were basically just strips of meat with a "Y" shaped bone in them.
They looked great.

We will see I guess. :D

Snag them Mudbone.

Big treble hook, 1/2" nut for weight and some 80 pound braid.
Throw, jerk, reel in slack repeat.
Usually about 3 jerks is all it takes, if that. :)

Just in case anyone wants to try it.

Good friend of mine lost his eye last year when the hook came out of the fish and hit him in the face.
Long handled gaff and eye protection is a VERY good idea.
Just days after he got hurt I had a hook come out on me and it came loose, shot backwards and slammed me in the shoulder before I could even blink.
I found out quickly how easy it happened to him.

Dang! That looks fun! I know a spot on the Cumberland river in nashville that is loaded with them. I shot a few with my bow fishing rig and they are strong! They spook easily it seems as I had a tough time getting very close to them for a shot.

I have had them jump in my boat and hit me in the chest on the MS River. They will slime your boat carpet really bad too. I hate them things. Killem, killem all! :twisted:

RUGER":2b836pix said:
Kimberman":2b836pix said:
Crappie Hunter":2b836pix said:
It would be great if you could shoot them with shotguns.

Who says you can't?

TWRA. :)
I remember that question being asked and answered by SCN in the TWRA forum. The answer was a big fat NO. Then someone asked if they could put the carp in a skeet thrower and shoot them, lol. If I remember right SCN answered something to the affect of- Is this even a real question. lol.

But think of the money you could make with "Big Joe's Asian Carp Killin' Guide Service". TWRA could sell a license for it to get a piece of the action.

Im sorry but they really have little value other than fertilizer,I don't know why we cant wage war on them as well as the commerants.They are ruining the waters we love and Im afraid by the time my kid is an adult it will be too late.Remember the pigeon shoots on the square?This would be out in the open and regulated by TWRA and Id gladly pay for the action.Look at youtube,"Shotgun fishing"

Latest posts

Back