• Help Support TNDeer:

Asian carp

GRIT

Were dying by the 100s today on Kentucky lake is this normal for this to happen.They were all 2 and 3 pound fish that i seen dying.

One of the lakes I fish in Mississippi has had this happen twice in recent years. Don't think the biologists ever figured out what happened but it was in the heat of the summer and they said it could have had something to do with oxygen levels.

they had a half million die in the barkley tailwater a couple of years ago and the KY fisheries biologists were studying them to see if they could find out what caused it and use it to control them. seems like it was a cirus or bacteria that only attacked the gills of the silver carp. maybe there is hope to controlling them.

I was on Ky Lake on friday and it was discouraging to say the least. I have fished Ky Lake for over 40 years and have never seen an asian carp there. I was out 2 weeks ago and did not see a one.

JimFromTN":23h7bfg7 said:
I was on Ky Lake on friday and it was discouraging to say the least. I have fished Ky Lake for over 40 years and have never seen an asian carp there. I was out 2 weeks ago and did not see a one.
Seen several skipping around last night while catfishing ky lake

They were everywhere on friday. They were hundreds dead along the shoreline and allot up in the shallows. I wonder what kind of damage they do to bass beds.

JimFromTN":336klxpw said:
Turn around when idling around,you will definitely see them,uggggg

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

bluball":3vss2txx said:
JimFromTN":3vss2txx said:

so they jump more when idling? im gonna try and snag me some to eat. i wonder what size treble hook i need?

WTM":31ss64ez said:
bluball":31ss64ez said:
JimFromTN":31ss64ez said:

so they jump more when idling? im gonna try and snag me some to eat. i wonder what size treble hook i need?
Not sure about snagging them.They taste pretty good,ate some at the ky crappie.com fall camp.

When I fished KY lake (close to 10years ago now) there were no Asian carp or at least none in abundance yet. Amazing that there are that many now,

BackwoodsBoy":2v9x3vy8 said:
When I fished KY lake (close to 10years ago now) there were no Asian carp or at least none in abundance yet. Amazing that there are that many now,

Probably wasn't hardly any FIVE years ago.
They exploded for sure.

We snagged a couple on accident a couple weeks ago all the way down in Savannah. We were bass fishing and hooked a couple monsters and lost them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redheadshooter":1f4lonug said:
We snagged a couple on accident a couple weeks ago all the way down in Savannah. We were bass fishing and hooked a couple monsters and lost them.

While snagging faddledish yesterday afternoon people were catching them from 50-70 lbs below priest!
They put up an unreal fight!!!!

Mudbone":2zayin62 said:
redheadshooter":2zayin62 said:

While snagging faddledish yesterday afternoon people were catching them from 50-70 lbs below priest!
They put up an unreal fight!!!!
I didn't know Asian Carp were all the way up the Stones already! No good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

About 5 years ago I seen my 1st at Johnson's Creek on the Cumberland. A few weeks later my fishing partner took one to the side of the head when we were idling out away from the ramp. It wasn't long after that I seen the sign put up warning people they were there.

Latest posts

Back