• Help Support TNDeer:

At least the camera is still there

Biggun4214

IMG_0488.webp
IMG_0489.webp
IMG_0490.webp
The camera was repositioned sometime last night. I thought it was on the ground. Looks like it still attached and still works.

What county would that be in if you don't mind?

I'm in Crossville and told the GW that I was going to just hang 4-5 junk old trail cams around me and hunt over them as bait. I've never seen them notice one and not mess with it.

I hang my cams about 7' off the ground angled down for this reason.

We put a stock tank in the back part of the property for the deer, elk. This was quite a number of years ago. Now of course since we're in the mountains of southern Colorado, it just stands to reason that bear are going to be part of the landscape. So when we do get bears apparently they think that stock tank is a bath tub. When we went back there to check it after we set it up, there was a God awful smell. After further investigation we found a lot of fur and really dirty water. Put a camera back there and sure enough, bears bathing in it. Change that water out quite often 🤣

What county would that be in if you don't mind?

I'm in Crossville and told the GW that I was going to just hang 4-5 junk old trail cams around me and hunt over them as bait. I've never seen them notice one and not mess with it.

I hang my cams about 7' off the ground angled down for this reason.
This is in Pickett. Last year I got 4-5 bear pictures. This year I have had pictures regularly for the last month. Probably have had pictures of 3 different bears. This big one is almost daily and makes almost always gets close to the camera. I hope the fellow I allow to hunt gets a crack at it.
One of the areas I hunt in East Tennessee I monitor 3 cameras in bear territory. One is on a water tub and one on a salt lick. We get several bear pictures daily. These cameras are 10-12 feet off the ground. Bears will climb ladder stands as well.

This is in Pickett. Last year I got 4-5 bear pictures. This year I have had pictures regularly for the last month. Probably have had pictures of 3 different bears. This big one is almost daily and makes almost always gets close to the camera. I hope the fellow I allow to hunt gets a crack at it.
One of the areas I hunt in East Tennessee I monitor 3 cameras in bear territory. One is on a water tub and one on a salt lick. We get several bear pictures daily. These cameras are 10-12 feet off the ground. Bears will climb ladder stands as well.
Possible early winter and they are starting to store up for it.

Back