• Help Support TNDeer:

Attention: All Non-Resident Illinois Gun Hunters..

BigSatt

"Firearm Deer Permit Applications: Resident and non-resident deer hunters can apply now for the second lottery drawing for 2012 Illinois Firearm Deer and Muzzleloader-only Deer permits. The deadline to apply for the second lottery is June 30 (note this is an earlier deadline for second lottery applications than in past years)."

This deadline is a lot sooner than what has been the tradional deadline of August 15th. I just wanted to make all of my TnDeer buds that hunt Illinois aware of this new reg!

Big Satt, Im looking to hunt up there for the first time this year, and since Im not a bow hunter, Ive been studying the site to get my application in.

In your experience or others, which hunt should I put in for, the earlier gun/muzzleloader, or the the muzzle/only season later on.

I will probably only be up there for 3 or 4 days, so one shot will be all i have probably. It really doesnt matter to me, but can only afford to put in for one tag?
Thanks for the help!

jmb4wd said:
Big Satt, Im looking to hunt up there for the first time this year, and since Im not a bow hunter, Ive been studying the site to get my application in.

In your experience or others, which hunt should I put in for, the earlier gun/muzzleloader, or the the muzzle/only season later on.

I will probably only be up there for 3 or 4 days, so one shot will be all i have probably. It really doesnt matter to me, but can only afford to put in for one tag?
Thanks for the help!

Unless they have changed something this year, the muzzleloader permit is legal for the second segment of the firearms season (normally the first weekend in Dec.) and the muzzleloader segment which is usually the next weekend.

But, with that being said, if I had access to land I could hunt for the first gun hunt and thought I could draw a permit (not a given in some counties), then I would want to be in a tree that Friday morning. In most years they are chasing hard, and they kill a lot of nice deer on that hunt. Be aware that is also TN's opening weekend of the gun season.

scn said:
jmb4wd said:

Thanks for the help!

Unless they have changed something this year, the muzzleloader permit is legal for the second segment of the firearms season (normally the first weekend in Dec.) and the muzzleloader segment which is usually the next weekend.

But, with that being said, if I had access to land I could hunt for the first gun hunt and thought I could draw a permit (not a given in some counties), then I would want to be in a tree that Friday morning. In most years they are chasing hard, and they kill a lot of nice deer on that hunt. Be aware that is also TN's opening weekend of the gun season.

Thanks SCN, that is what I thought, but wasn't sure.

I hunted south Dakota for 4 years and lost my place to hunt, so I've been looking to fine some where in Ill.

Hadn't thought about the TN gun opener, cause once you've hunted the mid west, TN is just not very fun anymore!! LOL

Thanks again.

I like to think ill kill a big deer in my farm, but it rarely happens!

scn said:
jmb4wd said:

Thanks for the help!

we get 7 weeks of gun in TN compared to 7 days in Illinois. opening day of rifle in tn is really day 16 of firearm season anyway now. i will be in a tree in wayne county illinois for sure

redblood said:
scn said:
jmb4wd said:

Thanks for the help!

we get 7 weeks of gun in TN compared to 7 days in Illinois. opening day of rifle in tn is really day 16 of firearm season anyway now. i will be in a tree in wayne county illinois for sure

I don't have access to land the first gun hunt, so I hope to be there the week before the firearms opens with a bow, and then on their second hunt with a muzzleloader. That is a special place to be in November/December.

redblood said:
scn said:
jmb4wd said:

Thanks for the help!

x2! Will also be in Wayne county in a tree as well

jmb4wd said:

Thanks for the help!

As scn said, I wouldn't miss that first 3 days!

Good luck to you!

Back