ballistics tables

CZ284

Does anybody know where to get good ballistics data for TC Shock Wave bullets?

I tried the TC and Hogdon web sites. Hogdon had very limited info and no loads over 100gr. I'm wanting to shoot the 250 Gr. Shock Wave with 3 50 gr 777 pellets. The gun shop owner I got them from shoots the same load in an Encore 209x50 (same one I have). Said 2 inches high at 100 yards is 3 in. low at 200.
I'd like to confirm that somehow before having to validate it burning a lot of powder. Anyone have experience with this combination?

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
IT has been my experence that there is not much ballistic info on Blackpowder.Every gun is alittle different. Go ahead and burn the powder.

FULLDRAWXX75

I just checked the chart I have from Knight, granted it is not the exact set up you have, but the numbers are much different.

3 50gr pellets and a 250 bullet shows 0.00 at 100yds, -4.12" at 150yds and -12.25" at 200 yds.

The closest gap I could find was with the a 200 gr bullet and the spread was still -8.30" and a loss of 500 ft/lbs of energy to boot.

Hope it helps.

FDXX75

CPerkins

CZ if you want more exact info I'll be glad to run the ballistics for you. If you have a way of chronographing your gun send me the muzzle velocity. If you don't and have a place to shoot, I can meet you sometime and fire the muzzleloader through mine and get more exact info for your gun.

big jim

Don't know how much is hype or real data, but you can find numbers in TC's website by clicking on the owners manuals selection. The load data is in the last few pages and has both loose and 2/3 pellet loads.

Best thing to do to determine estimated drop, without actually shooting at those distances, is use a ballistic calculator based on Hornady's published BC of .216 (250gr TC shockwave/SST). To determine more precisely what you are looking for you will need to chronograph your rifle with the different charges and input those values into the calculator.

CZ284

Thanks guys. I'll check the TC web site out again and burn some powder.
CPerkins, since you're in Cordova, I'll PM you and maybe we can get something set up. My lease is in Hardeman county. I usuall sight in there (unless my in-laws are not home, then I do it on my place)

CZ284

Thanks- going to give them a try. When talking to a guy at Hogdon yesterday, he mentioned using a new sabot- made by Harvester called Crushed Rib Sabots. Says the load great and they've gotten excellent accuracy from them with a lot of bullet / powder combinations. They've only been out a year or two. I had never heard of them, anyone else?

Latest posts