• Help Support TNDeer:

Bandit Baits

I see them on sale places for about half the price of some of the better name lures. was hoping they were good. I have been wanting to try them. any preference on a color and depth for fishing them?

The mistake color,Chartruse on one side and Red on the other is killer this time of year for Bass. They catch crappie off of it also in the summer pulling cranks.

gman10":178f5004 said:
I see them on sale places for about half the price of some of the better name lures. was hoping they were good. I have been wanting to try them. any preference on a color and depth for fishing them?
As a general rule of thumb:
100 series - 4' or less
200 series - 6-8'
300 series - 8-12'

This can vary based on presentation style (casting, trolling, etc.).

Color, is matter of preference. This can vary based on water clarity, cloud cover, and about a million other factors. My suggestion would be to get as many different colors as possible, but a good start would be your standard: chrome black back, chartreuse blue back, craw colors, tennessee shad, fire tiger. My personal favorites are taco salad, and purple tiger stripe, but they have vary limited effective conditions. Something like tn shad should work on most days for one or two fish.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

For crappie, my favorite colors are #1...Baby Bass....#2 Splatterback....#3 Pink....#4 Mad Cow.
I troll at 1.6-2 MPH
I'll catch white bass, crappie, hybrids, LM bass. Just about anything that swims in the lake.

Nashvillefishingguides.com

10 pound mono for trolling and Google bandit depth chart. It will show how deep the bait will run with "X" amount of line out.

agelesssone":2eypkxk2 said:
For crappie, my favorite colors are #1...Baby Bass....#2 Splatterback....#3 Pink....#4 Mad Cow.
I troll at 1.6-2 MPH
I'll catch white bass, crappie, hybrids, LM bass. Just about anything that swims in the lake.

Nashvillefishingguides.com

#1 for me is also baby bass. #2 for me is called spring craw I believe. Pink works well for me sometimes. It seems to be hit or miss. When it hits though, it is giant crappie only.

I like 6 or 8 lb mono for trolling crappie.

agelessone and I fish mostly the same waters in the summer trolling cranks for crappie so it isn't surprising we have gravitated to some of the same colors

I've never used them but I know many who do and catch a lot of fish on them. They're definitely good crankbaits. I'm the type that once I have high confidence in a crankbait or a jerkbait, I only use that model and a few colors of it. My crankbait collection only consists of KVD 1.5's, Bomber Model A's, and various DT series. I always use the same few patters in each model.

I do the same with jerkbaits. If it isn't a Rattlin Rogue or an X-Rap, I don't have one and won't buy one. It's just a confidence thing and when I want to throw a jerkbait I don't want to have to decide between 10 different models and 3-4 colors each! I'd be willing to bet that if you started throwing Bandits, you'd start catching fish on them and be just like me - keep several in stock at all times.

Latest posts

Back