• Help Support TNDeer:

Barkley obstacle s

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Lake Barkley Hwy 68 / 80 bridge west side.
These are what's left of the old bridge that was struck a few years ago and since replaced. They are now exposed as the lake is lowered to winter pool but are not marked. Regular users of Barley know that it is always full of hazards but may not be aware of these new ones.
At winter pool much of Barkley is no better than a mud hole anyway
IMG_9585.webp

the bridge over ky lake was hit by the ship but they replaced both bridges under the same peoject.

a good map with overlays come in handy. up until last teo year drought a lot of the new folks on the water had never seen an actual normal winter pool and thought the lakes were drying up lol..

IMG_2100.webp

IMG_2102.webp

the bridge over ky lake was hit by the ship but they replaced both bridges under the same peoject.

a good map with overlays come in handy. up until last teo year drought a lot of the new folks on the water had never seen an actual normal winter pool and thought the lakes were drying up lol..

View attachment 244483

View attachment 244484
@WTM thanks for the mapsmany folks don't update theirs if they even look at them. Not to argue but the Barkley bridge was the most recent strike by ship. I have in-laws that have a place just down stream and we could see everything from their deck. Not to mention we we working at LBL that year and had to go around.

@WTM thanks for the mapsmany folks don't update theirs if they even look at them. Not to argue but the Barkley bridge was the most recent strike by ship. I have in-laws that have a place just down stream and we could see everything from their deck. Not to mention we we working at LBL that year and had to go around.
yeah i remember the tug hitting it but i thought it hit the new bridge construction?

would you happen to know of any cabin/house rentals up that way on barkley or ky lake around the bridge?

Latest posts

Back