• Help Support TNDeer:

Bass of a Lifetime

rsimms

Cloud cover and non-existent wind... Valentines Day was the perfect day to sample the Chickamauga Lake crappie fishing. I caught crappie... good numbers of crappie. But the highlight was the bass of a lifetime... 12.6 lbs. caught on a 5.5-foot B'n'M rod/reel loaded with 6-pound test line, trolling a 1/16th oz. (red/chartreuse) Crappie Magnet jig. The fish jumped once and I knew it was a good bass... but I had NO idea how good until I finally got it to the boat LOTS of minutes later. :shock: Happy Valentines Day to me. :super:

You can read more of my story, and get an update on status of Florida bass in Chickamauga and other lake from TWRA Biologist Mike Jolley here: http://bit.ly/2kr69IH

BTW, thanks to the guy I bothered to take my picture. I was rude and didn't even get his name. :oops:

I caught 33 of these as well.

Attachments

• IMG_2485-web.jpg
    IMG_2485-web.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 2,560
  • IMG_2525-web.jpg
    IMG_2525-web.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2,565
  • IMG_2528.JPG
    IMG_2528.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 2,563
You must be living right. Heck a few weeks ago you were jet setting all over the world then come home and catch a bass like that.

That is an awesome bass.

Congratulations, Richard! :)
That is truly the bass of a lifetime.
Proud for you to catch that, especially where you caught it.

Who knows, maybe the next world record largemouth may come from Tennessee.
Stranger things have happened.
Who'd thought the world-record non-typical whitetail buck would come from here?

TheLBLman":2b4jtzy6 said:
Who knows, maybe the next world record largemouth may come from Tennessee.

If it does it will have to have an * by it because it surely will have escaped from a deep water farm. :)
:poke:

greygoose":1u0jgv0v said:
great bass...just curious,did you release her?

Yes, I did release her.

But to be clear and in the interest of full disclosure, I am not a catch & release fanatic. I fully respect the rights of those who want to keep any legal fish. If I catch a three-pound largemouth bass, there is a decent chance it will win a free ride to my freezer.

However, I would NEVER put a knife to such a magnificent fish. And I know a replica mount is always an option. That left release as the only alternative... in this case.

Latest posts

Back