• Help Support TNDeer:

Bass Possibilities

Mike Belt

My son has been telling me for the last couple of years about a creek damned up by beavers that has formed a pretty good size pond and the big bass up to 11.5 pounds his buddy has been catching out of them. He just called and he finally went to try it. In his first 10 minutes he's caught 12 bass; all about 2-2.5 pounds and he's fishing with redworms and bream hooks. No telling what he would have caught if he was strictily fishing for bass. He said he was reeling in one bream and caught a bass on the bream. He also says the place is a snake haven. Anyway...I have snake boots so in the morning I think I might try the place out.

The son sent a few pics of the bream. Big black pissing bream. He used up 5 cans of redworms. He also caught 4 crappie about a pound a piece. I imagine crickets would be the way to go. I just got back from there so I'd know where to go in the morning. Of course the sun popped out and it was blazing hot in the middle of the day. 5 casts and 1 bass about a pound. Every step you take you'd expect to see a snake and you're wading through blackberries and beaver runs. Chigger city! Maybe in the morning.

Latest posts

Back