• Help Support TNDeer:

Bassmaster Classic Coming to Knoxville

rsimms

If you've ever wanted to attend a Bassmaster Classic in East Tennessee, March 2019 will be your chance. The world-famous Classic is coming to Knoxville. Read all about it here: http://bit.ly/2JzW9Wi

The last time a Bassmaster Classic came to our area (East Tennessee) was in 1986 on Chickamauga Lake.

I have a CLOSE relative that is part of Bassmaster Elite series service crew. This person is at most every elite tournament and has been at every classic for several years. I have an open invite and I have never been to a tournament when this person was working but I will probably hang out for a day or 2 at this one.

Is that a good area to fish? Don't hear much about it.. I remember them coming to Nashville once.. fished the main river running through town.. I'm not sure anyone caught a fish.. lol

pressfit":39agne7f said:
Is that a good area to fish? Don't hear much about it.. I remember them coming to Nashville once.. fished the main river running through town.. I'm not sure anyone caught a fish.. lol
Absolutely....Loudon and Tellico both have some good fish in it. During that timeframe they are coming for that tournament, occasional 7-8 pound fish and 22-25 pound 5-fish bags are not that uncommon. A few 26-30 pound bags has happened more than once also. As always, it will be according to what the water temps are when they get here, but if we have a mild winter this year and the water temps are near the mid-50's during the Classic it should be a heck of a showing.

The whole "catching" deal will be dependent on the weather leading up to and during the tournament. TN has seen some pretty major snow storms during that time period. I guess it would make for some interesting footage of filming them in a blizzard. Hopefully they will get some of the mild Feb. weather we had this year to set the stage for a great event.

sll":bz029z7f said:
pressfit":bz029z7f said:
Absolutely....Loudon and Tellico both have some good fish in it. During that timeframe they are coming for that tournament, occasional 7-8 pound fish and 22-25 pound 5-fish bags are not that uncommon. A few 26-30 pound bags has happened more than once also. As always, it will be according to what the water temps are when they get here, but if we have a mild winter this year and the water temps are near the mid-50's during the Classic it should be a heck of a showing.

You've got a lot more faith than I do. I'd imagine the 15-16 a day will win it. A lot of the big bags that are reported for there are from Watts Bar. They can't lock down in this tourney. Some of the others come from way upriver which will be off limits for them also. I'm not saying they won't catch them, just it won't be the same as we see where they can go upriver or lock down.

Oh, I didn't mean someone (same person) would catch 22-25 pounds every day of the tournament. I was just letting him know that a lot of 1 day tournaments there take between a 4-5 pound average. True, a lot of tournaments won there are by people that locked through to WB......but I have seen many bags that size caught within eyesite of the canal ramp. I know of one bag that weighed over 31 pounds caught off that point at that ramp myself......in March. Weather and water temp will be the determining factor, as always. But if the water temp is in the mid 50's during it you will see some big bags by the guys that are proficient with swimbaits and jerkbaits.

Like I said, Loudon kicks out several fish in the 7-9 pound range every year.....and it has for the last 20 years, way before they introduced the Florida-strained ones in there. Mid-March till Mid-April is prime time to catch those sized ones too.

Latest posts

Back