• Help Support TNDeer:

Bearded Hen?

Onelow69c10

I have seen this same bearded hen 4 or 5 times this season trying to decided if I should take her or not. She has about a 6in beard. What would you guys do?

If you're huntin middle or west Tn, kaboom! There are plenty of turks over that way. SE Tn she gets to walk. Don't know a thing about NE Tn, so somebody else will have to help ya on that part of the state. It's legal & tastes good, it's your hunt, do what ya want. Good Luck & God Bless!!

Heres what I did a couple weeks ago when presented with the opportunity! :) Now having killed one I probably wont shoot another, but its a fairly rare opportunity that not eberyone gets the chance on!
IMG00142.jpg
[/img]

if the population is strong in your area and you haven't ever killed one or you are having rough season and have not got anything. these are a few things that would help me decide but it's your hunt so good luck whatever you decide

If you've taken a lot of turkeys, I'd let her walk, but now we have a great population just about every where, so its not gonna hurt, and they are a trophy in a way. I took one years ago, and shot when I seen the beard, but have passed on three or four since. They do eat good. Good luck!

I had one about 25 yds from me a couple of weeks ago. I passed. It is perfectly legal but just one of those personal preference kinda things, ya know. Do what you want. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back