• Help Support TNDeer:

Best black light for fishing

Newt

Would like to have the rub rail style. did a google search and saw the prices range from $15 to $1200. The blue water LED company had a good looking set and priced right just not sure how hard installation would be. Hopefully TNREB chimes in I think he's got the blue water LED's on his Triton from what I saw on the watercraft forum. I trust all y'all's opinions though so thanks in advance

You're right - I have the BlueWater LED. I have been happy with them, but I don't have much else to compare them to. My neighbor is having another brand installed on his new Phoenix in a few weeks. I can let you know how they compare, but you may be wanting something sooner.

I would be happy purchasing the BlueWater again. I would also be happy having some that were the full length of the boat though.

What brand is your neighbor looking at TNREB? And is the blue water led pretty easy to install?

I've got the nightfishion lights on mine. They mount inside the rubrail with lights sticking through. Third boat I've had em on. Price has gotten pretty high since I got mine put on though. No digging em out as it gets dark. No cords strung around. No blowing out of the boat
a9e979915690bc33126db082f501b82f.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

^^^^^thats fancy man and by far the best reviews I saw was that brand. Just not ready to spend that much dough on this particular boat. Awesome looking set up though smoke and thanks for the feedback

I had an epiphany about black lights back in college. I was able to read a study done that proved fish can see and are affected by lights. I'll skip the long story but the bottom line is; the more light you emit, the more the fish reacted negatively. So, on my old boat I just used one LED "moonlight" brand light that would drop in a jack I installed. I had one on each side even with console. It was bright enough that fisherman on the front and back deck could see fine. When I got my new boat, I didnt bother with black lights. It takes some getting used to because I was raised fishing with them at night, and I am not going to say I catch more fish at night because I dont use them. I will tell you that you have WAY less bugs around the boat and the boat is much cleaner with out bugs stuck to it all night. Not to mention the energy you save not running them. My best friend won our night tournament on Chickamauga a couple weeks ago with 38.19lbs and he never uses them anymore either....just food for thought for someone considering them. I think the rub rail lights are really cool idea but they are way bright and I know fish can see them.

Jmed":8vrd5na8 said:
I had an epiphany about black lights back in college. I was able to read a study done that proved fish can see and are affected by lights. I'll skip the long story but the bottom line is; the more light you emit, the more the fish reacted negatively. So, on my old boat I just used one LED "moonlight" brand light that would drop in a jack I installed. I had one on each side even with console. It was bright enough that fisherman on the front and back deck could see fine. When I got my new boat, I didnt bother with black lights. It takes some getting used to because I was raised fishing with them at night, and I am not going to say I catch more fish at night because I dont use them. I will tell you that you have WAY less bugs around the boat and the boat is much cleaner with out bugs stuck to it all night. Not to mention the energy you save not running them. My best friend won our night tournament on Chickamauga a couple weeks ago with 38.19lbs and he never uses them anymore either....just food for thought for someone considering them. I think the rub rail lights are really cool idea but they are way bright and I know fish can see them.

+1. a co-worker has started crappie fishing at night using a submersible green light to attract baitfish. he told me he hasnt had any luck then i asked where he was putting his jig. he said in the light. i told him predator fish usually wont come in the light cone but will hold up just outside the edge in dark water. same for a well lit dock. cast to the edge of the light where it meets dark. never read the study on it but discovered by accident when i was reeling in a jig to recast.

one thing to consider with boat lights, if its not listed in part 20(if i remember) of CG rules then they are not permissible. it could get you a warning.

WTM":1c9b0828 said:
Jmed":1c9b0828 said:

+1. a co-worker has started crappie fishing at night using a submersible green light to attract baitfish. he told me he hasnt had any luck then i asked where he was putting his jig. he said in the light. i told him predator fish usually wont come in the light cone but will hold up just outside the edge in dark water. same for a well lit dock. cast to the edge of the light where it meets dark. never read the study on it but discovered by accident when i was reeling in a jig to recast.

one thing to consider with boat lights, if its not listed in part 20(if i remember) of CG rules then they are not permissible. it could get you a warning.
I fish with submersible lights for crappie and actually catch more in the light.Im in 12fow or deeper,i think the fish usually get under the bait that you attract with the light.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Back