• Help Support TNDeer:

Best Crappie Day of My Career

rsimms

Yesterday I posted that it was my best crappie fishing day of the year "so far."

Well, "so far" didn't last very long. In fact today might have been the hottest crappie fishing day I've experienced in my 11-year guiding career.

Along with Larry and his son, Tyler, we boated 45 big keeper crappie in 1.5 hours. Do the math. That's a keeper crappie every two minutes, and it's not counting the undersized fish we threw back!

I've caught more crappie, but that's the fastest I have EVER filled a 3-man limit! We kept fishing to cull some of the smaller fish. We quit counting once the limit was in the livewell, but I'm sure we we caught 65-70 keeper crappie in less than four hours. BTW, (standby for advertisement ;) ) every fish was caught using Crappie Magnet lures and, of course, B'n'M Poles. That means life is good and gettin' better every day!

Chickamauga is on fire right now. :super: Go there. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200! I don't know how long it will last.

Attachments

• akin_tyler.jpg
    akin_tyler.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,155
  • akin_larry.jpg
    akin_larry.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,159
  • akin_tyler_larry.jpg
    akin_tyler_larry.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,154
I've been busy selling my house and buying my new house, and I wont get to get out on the chick for at least another couple weeks. I hope the bite is still on fire!

Latest posts

Back