• Help Support TNDeer:

best rig for a 7 yr old?

JDUB

I have wasted my money like 3 times trying to buy a rig for my daughter only to have it malfunction or the line be crap, and I hate and I mean hate re-spooling a push button reel. Suggestions?

The line in rigs that are sold for kids is always junk. I have a few cheap poles my boys received as gifts. I just put new line in them and they've been good enough.

Any chance yours could learn to use a spinning reel?

The zebco omega is the best spincast reel I've ever used.

If not that then a spinning reel... the lower priced ones are all pretty equal as long as it's from a reputable company. I personally like Abu Garcia but you're talking $75 low end for the better ones. The cardinal reels aren't bad for the money.

I tried to go with a closed face reel for my son and quickly realized it was a bad idea. He started using a spinning reel around 5. I started my daughter with just a spinning reel at 5. They both caught on pretty quick. I would go the spinning reel route but don't fill it all the way up with line, or they will have kinks.

SilverFox":18xailjs said:
The zebco omega is the best spincast reel I've ever used.

If not that then a spinning reel... the lower priced ones are all pretty equal as long as it's from a reputable company. I personally like Abu Garcia but you're talking $75 low end for the better ones. The cardinal reels aren't bad for the money.

YES! The Zebco Omega. I bought 4 of them 2 years ago. My son is 7 and daughter 9 they can throw them a country mile and the drag system works flawlessly. My wife uses the other 2. I think mine came spoiled with Cajun line which is okay I re-spooled them after a year. They have the best guts of any spin cast made today. I believe they offer 2 different sizes.

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/store ... gLxaPD_BwE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back