• Help Support TNDeer:

Big G or Big C?

Spurhunter

My son's spring break is March 21-25 and I'm taking vacation that week. Since turkey season won't be open yet we will probably go on a bass fishing trip. I was watching the Bassmasters at Guntersville I have on DVR and am contemplating there or Chickamauga. Or we might spend several days at our favorite lake (Pickwick) instead. I know weather can be problematic in March, but who has late March experience at these lakes?

I would pick the G any month of the year over the chic. I know it better and have done much better there even tho I've had some great days on the chic. I even think guntersville is less crowded nowadays. I don't have enough experience on pickwick to make a comment.

IMHO, your better chance of catching numbers is on C or G. Of course I'm partial to C, since it's my home lake.

However, I know Pickwick can produce numbers as well, when it's on. But the only reason I'd select Pickwick over the others is if you want a better chance for some smallmouth as well. However, if you fished the Chickamauga Dam Tailwaters (between the Dam and downtown Chattanooga), you also have an excellent chance for some quality smallmouth. Here's one my buddy caught yesterday.

Attachments

• sam_smallie.jpg
    sam_smallie.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 753
Of the 2 u asked about Gunt would get the nod as Chic can be great and you may catch a 10+ but I think the G still has more 4-6 lb bass than Chic does!

Back