• Help Support TNDeer:

Blount County

Brassy

Hello to all members! Although I've been poking around here for several years I recently became a new member. I'm a lifelong outdoors and firearms enthusiast, born in Knoxville but moved to WNC while in elementary school. Once on my own I moved back still having family here, and now reside in Louisville.

Unfortunately I don't grow up with a dad who was into hunting to teach me the ropes, and I got tired of listening to the guys at work talk about their hunting adventures or deer they killed. It was driving me crazy to not ever have had that experience. Then one day about ten years ago, a small buck got hit by a car in front of my house breaking its back. I shot it in the side of the head with a .45 to put it out of its misery. Not wanting to waste the meat I dressed my first deer right there in my yard while my 10 year old daughter held a flashlight for me. We took it to a meat processor, stuck it in the freezer, and ended up eating on it over the winter. It was the best meat we ever had.
When we ran out of venison and went back to store bought beef, it wasn't even close to the same. I had to get more. At that point I came to the conclusion no one was going to show me how to do it, so I made the decision I was going to have to do it on my own. I bought myself a tree stand and started reading every thing I could find on deer hunting. Once I figured out the were and how on dee, I started expanding to other game, turkey, dove, squirrel, rabbit, if it was a season I want it to hunt it. I haven't had an opportunity to get into waterfowl yet, but that's the next on my list.
I look forward to gaining additional insight from the vast amount of knowledge on this site, and sharing what I've learned with less experienced hunters. If someone is looking for a hunting companion, I'm open to meeting up with other sportsmen, as long as they are safe and responsible, whether it be fly fishing, hunting deer, you name it and I'm up for it. I was formerly certified by the NRA as a basic pistol instructor.

Back