• Help Support TNDeer:

Boat Brands

Pilchard

I've finally narrowed down the type of boat I'm after and I'm looking to compile a list of brands to explore.

Im looking for a 16-18ft tunnel hull with a jet outboard. Preferably a Yami but a merc would not be a deal breaker. No tiller, must have center or side console.

Ive seen G3, Prodigy, War Eagle, Sea Ark.... what else should I be looking at?

Budget depends on if I can convince my wife that the boat comes before the kitchen and bath remodels.... but I'm thinking somewhere between $20-30k.

Bought a WarEagle 21' BlackHawk center console and hung a 90hp Evinrude E-Tec on it from Union City marine in 2010. Love it as it's built tough. Not a shallow water boat per say but love the 21 degree front hull on it as it don't feel like an aluminum flat bottom when you hit a swell in high winds.

Bit bigger than you asked about but love the WarEagle construction. Won't touch or have a Merc, as I have & sad Evinrude stopped making motors.

I would look at Blazer. Made in Missouri and designed just for jets outboards. Not sure if they make a tunnel or not. If I was going to get one I would definitely have 1/2 plastic on the bottom of mine.

Where are you planning to use this rig? I have been messing with jets for awhile so here's my vote.... just call blazer and get what you want.
The prodigy and G3 will be to heavy/slow for my opinion of acceptable shallow hulls. The eagle and the ark will do it if you get them setup right with plenty of motor. Lowe hulls actually make great jet rigs but the blazer has them all trumped.

Last edited:
Where are you planning to use this rig? I have been messing with jets for awhile so here's my vote.... just call blazer and get what you want.
The prodigy and G3 will be to heavy/slow for my opinion of acceptable shallow hulls. The eagle and the ark will do it if you get them setup right with plenty of motor. Lowe hulls actually make great jet rigs but the blazer has them all trumped.
Does Blazer have a website? You have a link?

I will be using primarily on the Duck River, Caney Fork and a little bit of crappie fishing at the lake.

I've owned a Lowe's tunnel hull 1760 with a 115/80 mec jet for 7 years. They are awesome boats. I sold mine to buy a rock proof 250hp jet. Otherwise I'd still own mine.

You can google it. They have a Facebook and work through their dealers. There's nothing wrong with any boat mentioned, but if your serious about investing in that kinda setup blazer is your huckleberry.

Latest posts

Back