• Help Support TNDeer:

Bone Buster bullets

.444 Marlin

Anyone tried these on game or just shot them? I went by benton shooters yesterday and was looking through their MZ stuff and in the T/C section they had some new bullets called bone busters. .50 caliber 400gr and not quite a FMJ because the base was copper. I would use them but Im afraid of them penetrating and not blowing up like I want to damage the insides, not to mention them almost being a FMJ bullet.

My dads ML wont shoot sabots or PBs either. It shoots 400-something gr Maxi-balls awesome, though. And they knock deer deader than the deer hunting's been of late.

Non-expanding MZ bullets are the only type I want. A 50 caliber hole is a big hole. I've never lost a deer to a non-expanding true 50 caliber or larger bullet. I have nearly lost several deer to rapidly expanding bullets because their was no exit wound and no blood-trail.

If it wasn't for the fact I'm having such good luck with the 405 Powerbelts, I would be seriously interested in the Bone Busters 444marlin.

I shot Great Plains 410 gr. flat points last year with great results. Both the deer and pig I shot last year had quarter to half dollar size holes for exit wounds. Neither went very far after the shot either.

I've also heard good things about Great Plains bullets. But then I'll be the first to admit, I'm highly partial to the biggest lead conical I can find.

Latest posts

Back