• Help Support TNDeer:

Borrowed a canoe and took the wife

hornsdonteat

Went to 2 rivers where the ocoee and hiwasee meet,She caught 3 rock bass and a bream and I caught 1 large mouth in the 2 lb range plus alot of pan fish.She said she was really wanting a trout but... She was learning to navigate the canoe when we came across a flat bottom with 3 gentleman in it, I struck up a conversation by asking how they liked my boat motor,they all got a good laugh but got a bigger laugh when I told them my buddy told me he only had one paddle and I said good I only have one wife.WE had a blast minus the sun burn.She was ready to go back today and catch something bigger,but i am litterly to burnt up.The only thing that could of made this day any better is if my son had of been with us.He was visiting his mom in knoxville though.Sometimes you need a special outing with the wife though and what better way to spend it then in a canoe on the water

CATCHDAWG":3is6a8xi said:
Sounds like a good time! That's one of my favorite places to fish and camp. We usually put in at Nancy Ward and float back to the campground. Good fishing in that strecth of river!
Maybe I can take the kid back and float that stretch of river,how long does it usually take to fish back to campground?

hornsdonteat":2dsotirj said:
CATCHDAWG":2dsotirj said:
Sounds like a good time! That's one of my favorite places to fish and camp. We usually put in at Nancy Ward and float back to the campground. Good fishing in that strecth of river!
Maybe I can take the kid back and float that stretch of river,how long does it usually take to fish back to campground?

If no generation (which I prefer) about three or four hours. We usually get out or anchor to fish so it takes longer. If they are pulling water you'll be downstream pretty quick.

Latest posts

Back