• Help Support TNDeer:

Bowfishing setup progress! (New pics)

JAY B

Got he platform fabricated this week looking forward to my lights showing up next week!

Attachments

• IMG_6346.JPG
    IMG_6346.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 857
  • IMG_6343.JPG
    IMG_6343.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 856
Re: Bowfishing setup progress!

I remember those builds!! I honestly believe the reason most bowfishermen are duck hunters is because those are the only hobbies where you pay so much to outfit a boat only to trash it all to He!! Every time you take it out. Hahahah

Mine was nicknamed the "stinkwagon". My wife said she could always tell how good the shooting was two or three days after by how strong the boat smelled when she'd go to get in her car. Hahah. I miss bowfishing dearly but I do not miss owning a bowfishing boat one single bit!!!! We measured our success in by how many times the smell would make you gag before you got used to it. No dead fish in the boat, but all that dried blood, scales and eggs sure stunk when it got hot.

ruger7mag":132y98sk said:
Looks good! What lights are you going with?
Thanks, going with (6) 400 watt high pressure sodium with custom shallow housings and digital ballast!

Got the paint on! Washed the bare aluminum with soap and water the dryer with a blower, wiped down with white vinegar next , then applied a coat of rustoleum self etching primer followed by 2 coats of rustoleum multicolor textured! Hope it holds up for a while. On the floor I used 2'x2' square interlocking exercise mats from Wally World glued with contact cement! Inexpensive , comfortable and don't look to bad (of course no traffic yet)

Attachments

• B7AF4034-9307-4B71-8F53-CA2F7210F957.jpg
    B7AF4034-9307-4B71-8F53-CA2F7210F957.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 665

JAY B":1ola4b4d said:
ruger7mag":1ola4b4d said:
Thanks, going with (6) 400 watt high pressure sodium with custom shallow housings and digital ballast!

Awesome, might as well go with the best. Show me custom housings?

ruger7mag":a4yne6dz said:
JAY B":a4yne6dz said:
ruger7mag":a4yne6dz said:

Awesome, might as well go with the best. Show me custom housings?
Actually no , I spoke with John from Showme (great guy) but actually went with a fella out of NC with commonswag bowfishing, no reason other than I like the way there were no weldsbon the face of his front cover , but showme and many others make a fine light just personal preference!

Those are some really good looking housings that common swag is making! Make sure and post some more pics!

Got the lights installed and took her for a test run!

Attachments

• IMG_6382.JPG
    IMG_6382.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 595
  • IMG_6388.JPG
    IMG_6388.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_6394.JPG
    IMG_6394.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 593

Latest posts

Back