• Help Support TNDeer:

Bream are easy to catch

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Yeah right.
Went this morning and was on the water at 10.
I did a "scout" mission around one cove that I have had good luck in after a big rain.... nadda.

Went to a "new" spot and tried several different depths... nadda.
Went to another spot where I absolutely tore them UP last weekend.
I caught one then lost one.
Moved about 5 times up through the lilly pads and only got a couple "small" bites.

Moved to another spot... nadda.
Another, couple small fish.
Another, added another keeper and a couple more small fish.

I was ready to pack it in but had one more spot I really wanted to try but there was a boat anchored there and they were there for right at an hour. :bash:

Tried an old spot that I haven't fished in a couple years... nadda.
Hit an open water spot and snagged a barely keeper shellcracker and a couple more small fish.

So now it was after 12 and I had 3 in the cooler.
What in the world??

The boat finally left my last spot so I eased over there.
I anchored down and made my first cast.
BAM. 9" bream.
Made 14 casts and put 11 in the cooler.

When it ended it ended immediately.

Very strange morning but I got a mess of fillets out of it anyway.
My son says I am crazy to try so hard for bream but he doesn't complain when we cook them. :D

Talked to several people on the way out and nobody had caught a single fish.
Weird.

X-Tennessean":1l1vrn80 said:
Congrats.
How you liking your graph? Getting it all figured out?

Honestly I haven't messed with it much.
Between work and everything else my fishing time hasn't been as much as I would like.
The days I have been I have concentrated on trying to catch rather than to figure it out.
Also, after the fact, I learned I wasn't supposed to put the transducer on the trolling motor (still don't understand why) and I haven't taken the time to move it to the rear of the boat yet.

The way I understand it to see bream / shellcracker beds, you need to have it in side imaging instead of down and I just haven't figured it out yet.

What unit did you get? Bream beds will look like craters on the moon on side scan. I have a few places on Ky Lake that have beds the size of a Volkswagen. If I can help you out with your system just holler.

chunkandwind":28tby6y2 said:
What unit did you get? Bream beds will look like craters on the moon on side scan. I have a few places on Ky Lake that have beds the size of a Volkswagen. If I can help you out with your system just holler.

Hummingbird Helix 5

We went to Boyetts Saturday night (not good by the way) and stopped in Samburg on the way back for gas. Got to talking to 2 guys from Indianapolis who were here for the week bream fishing. Said they had wore them out on Saturday. Thought it was pretty cool they came this far just to bream fish.

That's cool rem. :D
I should have just went to the pond and been done with it. :D

Odd that Boyetts wasn't good.
Can't really ever not having a good meal there.

Latest posts

Back