• Help Support TNDeer:

Bream bedding ?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Buddy of mine said his friend told him we needed to come bream fishing.
This past weekend he said all down one bank there were bream bedding everywhere.

In August?

I tend to believe they were just feeding on some type of hatch or something along the bank in the grass and stuff.
I could be wrong though?

Bream can spawn multiple times throughout the year. I saw some on beds on the last full moon, but havent fished shallow enough to notice any lately.

the last few years they have been bedding later on KY lake. why i dont know but im beginning to think the carp is pushing them out of their spawning sites earlier. usually they will spawn at least twice and june and july have been the better months. last week was the new moon so it should have been a good bite.

Big Ben":1yn4khpw said:
Yall ever notice bluegill tend to get real soft in warm water and hard to clean ?

dont have a problem with bluegill, but crappie seem to get mushy a bit. shock killing with ice and icing down for 6-12 hours does seem to firm them up.

Yea they'll bed more than once in a season for sure. Also the longear sunfish should be on bed now, I gotta get out and catch some of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WTM":1ldk2vuf said:
Big Ben":1ldk2vuf said:
Yall ever notice bluegill tend to get real soft in warm water and hard to clean ?

dont have a problem with bluegill, but crappie seem to get mushy a bit. shock killing with ice and icing down for 6-12 hours does seem to firm them up.

I always ice mine down and leave them overnight and clean them the next day.
MUCH easier and faster than doing it fresh.

RUGER":106nmyqr said:
WTM":106nmyqr said:
Big Ben":106nmyqr said:

I always ice mine down and leave them overnight and clean them the next day.
MUCH easier and faster than doing it fresh.

it cleans the blood out of the meat too. striper fisherman dude told me that a few years ago. says all the blood will draw into the guts. lol, my BIL caught a bunch of crappie out of the nasty water in big sandy slough and fileted them as soon as he caught them. some of the nastiest fish i ever ate. he ruined my wife on his fish fry.

I saw some more on beds this past Saturday on Chickamauga. They were dusting and circling their beds. it was obvious what was going on. May start there with a buzzbait saturday morning for my TX

Back